Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newer wiper motor setup. Anybody got details pics?

Old 01-04-2009, 01:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Newer wiper motor setup. Anybody got details pics?

I am using the harness and column out of a 4th gen Camaro in my conversion and have not seen anybody have a definitive answer on converting to a newer wiper motor that will work with the column control. I have no problem making an adapter plate and still think that a 4th gen motor setup may work but need more info. The general consensus is that a 4th gen motor will not work due to the hidden wiper setup and that a S-10 is a boltin. Since I am using the newer column to control the wiper speed that is not an issue either. I just need to know if anybody had successfully done this without using a DSE setup.
Old 01-04-2009, 03:40 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't see why the hidden wiper would mater because all they normally do is park the wiper lower on the glass. It's just that your sweep pattern would start a little higher on the windsheild, but it shouldn'd be enough to effect anything
Old 01-04-2009, 06:05 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

have you tried the electrical forum on Team Camaro? I know there's a couple of people with 4th gen columns over there, and a couple of people with S10 wiper motors, but I don't know if there's anyone with both...
Old 01-04-2009, 08:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I do have a article about using a 4th gen column in a first gen. I am looking for anybody that made something other than an American Auto Wire/DSE wiper motor setup.
Old 01-05-2009, 01:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I guess nobody drives their cars in the rain.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:36 PM
On The Tree

I was one of the few mindstorming this issue over at teamcamaro. link to the thread is-- http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=121011
and for electrical talk-- http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=121062

still have not installed my 96 column in the 69 yet, but I intend to look into the 88-94 S10 wiper motors.
ChrisP
Old 01-14-2009, 10:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I was on some of those links. So far I have adapted my column and taken the wiper motor off my fathers 94 S10 to see the differences. It did not bolt in. I think the guys on the other links have used a earlier model. I did take pics of it side by side with the 4th gen setup. It appears to me that the DSE setup is using the 4th gen motor with a different arm which I have not figured out yet since the ball on the end is larger than the newer gen stuff but it also appears that they use a different motor controller to keep it from going in reverse when turning them off on the 4th gen setup. The first thought is a newer S10 or a full size truck but the connector that DSE uses is different than all the ones that I looked up so I am still searching.
Old 01-19-2009, 12:07 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 69 Ghost
It did not bolt in. The first thought is a newer S10 or a full size truck but the connector that DSE uses is different than all the ones that I looked up so I am still searching.
why not just ...
A) drill new holes and make it fit

B) Make a mounting plate that the motor mounts on then the plate mounts into the factory holes.

C) cut the connector off of one end (column or motor) and get the corresponding one at the salvage yard

D) at least, just slave the motor in to see if it works as it should...

Just some thoughts,

ChrisP

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Newer wiper motor setup. Anybody got details pics?