Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

mustang swap guys need fuel line help

Old 01-05-2009, 05:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mustang swap guys need fuel line help

Has anyone used the stock fuel lines [ 89 mustang ] to hook the fuel feed up to the rail before the reg and the return to the front port on the rail after the reg . I already have a intank pump in the car and would like to use it to save some cash right now.

if so maybe someone knows what fitting i will need to do so

thanks for any help you might have
Old 01-06-2009, 11:52 AM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by crazygn
Has anyone used the stock fuel lines [ 89 mustang ] to hook the fuel feed up to the rail before the reg and the return to the front port on the rail after the reg . I already have a intank pump in the car and would like to use it to save some cash right now.

if so maybe someone knows what fitting i will need to do so

thanks for any help you might have

i used an intank walbro pump but ran new lines because it was easier and you really cant feed an ls motor with those wimpy 5/16 and 1/4 lines. just buy 3/8 alum line (like 30 bucks a roll at your local speed shop) and what i did was cut the factory line (on the sending unit) back a little because it comes out of the tank as 3/8 and necks down to 5/16. so i cut it back to where its 3/8 and used high presure fuel injection hose and fuel injection clampsto run it to the regulator/filer and ran the alum line from there up. plus russle makes a compression fitting that slides right over the alum line and gives you 6an.

simple
easy
and cheap.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so did you use the corvette filter with reg built in, and the fuel rail with reg on it.

How did you like the alum line, i didnt want any problems with cracks or heat with the alum line , are they made strong.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: mustang swap guys need fuel line help