Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More wiring questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 04:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More wiring questions

I'm working on my LS1 wiring harness and I have a few questions. I removed all of the emmissions junk and f-body specific wires and now I've got several loose ends. The harness is out of a 2000 Pontiac Trans Am. If anyone knows where these wires hook up I would really appreciate the info.

1) Engine tach output signal. Circuit No. 121. White wire. Pin 10 on the PCM connector. I disconnected when I removed F-body specific connectors. I'll be using an aftermarket tach- any need for this wire?

2) Spark retard signal. Circuit No. 1687. Grey and black wire. Pin 53 on the Red PCM connector. I'm not sure how I managed to delete this one but it sounds very important.

3) On connector C220 I have a yellow and black wire that I cut when I removed the f-body specific connectors. I kept connector C220 because I think it's the OBD II connector. Am I right or can it be removed too?

4) My only other question is how do I hook this harness up to the car- so far all I know is that Pin 20 and Pin 57 on the Blue PCM connector need to be hooked up to 12V constant and Pin 19 on the Blue PCM will need 12V ignition power. How many more connections will I need to make and what are they?

Thanks, Ross.
Old 01-24-2009, 08:40 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 192 Likes on 139 Posts

1. Tach output isn't needed, unless you plan on using a tach, you might be able to pick up the signal from this wire, but not 100% sure of it as I've never done that. 2. Spark retard goes to the traction control module, not needed. 3. I can't find my wiring diagram for the OBDII connector, but it's in a sticky somewhere I'm sure, but the wire from the PCM is #58 on the blue connector and it's dark green. 4. You'll also need to hook up ignition power to the pink wires that go to the injectors and the coils. And also the fuel pump relay, and possibly more if your using a 4l60e. There are wiring diagrams in a sticky somewhere, but I'm not sure where. Try a search for 'wiring diagram'. Hope this helps.
Old 01-25-2009, 09:03 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Here is all the schematics you need to figure out where all the wires go.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...chematics.html
Old 01-25-2009, 10:26 AM
11 Second Club

Received 59 Likes on 52 Posts

Get you some All Data Print-off's, they help ALOT. Get the printoffs to each connector and you will be money..

As far as some help putting the Harness in the car, here is a guide I made when I did my car. Alot of this info can be very helpful to what you are looking for.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...o-lt1-car.html
Old 01-27-2009, 11:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys, the wiring diagrams certainly helped, but I'm still not sure about how I go about getting power to where it's supposed to be... do ALL the pink wires need 12V ignition and ALL the orange wires need 12V constant? Can someone who's spliced one of these harnesses lay out for me the wires I need to get power to?

Quick Reply: More wiring questions