Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reservoir to clutch master hose routing ok?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 09:28 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Reservoir to clutch master hose routing ok?

Been dreading cutting the hole in the fire wall on my Chevelle for the master cyl for quite some time now, but I finally did it today! From looking at this picture, do you think that the position of the reservoir, and routing of the hose will be a problem for hydraulic operation?

Also, does anyone know where/if I can get the fitting that the end of the braided master cyl line fits into? I think it's a quick disconnect, right?
Old 02-04-2009, 10:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

hose is hangin below the master, shorten it so the hose will gravity feed to the master inlet...are you talkin about the fitting on the slave cylinder ?
Old 02-04-2009, 11:27 PM
Launching!

That's what I was curious about... I wasn't sure if it would be a problem or not...

It doesn't seem like the line off the master cylinder would reach to the slave cylinder... I suppose that's what I mean though... Whatever the fitting or attachment the end of the master cylinder line connects to.
Old 02-04-2009, 11:35 PM
TECH Junkie

the clucth line connects to the slave cylinder via the quick disconnect, which is on the slave cylinder....I'm not really sure what your asking...
Old 02-04-2009, 11:44 PM
Launching!

I dont think the line from the master cylinder will reach to the slave cylinder, so I was thinking I may have to have another line from the slave cylinder with the fitting on the end to reach the master cylinder line.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I would install your Power Booster to make sure that you have room for it there.. I mounted mine directly behind and higher that the booster because the Brake line (stock) were routed where your planning on mounting yours. But yours maybe routed differently.

As far as the connectors on the line, the master should have on part of the Quick Disconnect the the Slave would already have the other half of the Disconnect.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:44 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by RacnJsn95
I dont think the line from the master cylinder will reach to the slave cylinder, so I was thinking I may have to have another line from the slave cylinder with the fitting on the end to reach the master cylinder line.

i see, in that case you may need a cutsom lenght line, i think McLeod has those or maybe it was Kiesler
Old 02-05-2009, 07:47 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by bczee
I would install your Power Booster to make sure that you have room for it there.
No power brakes on this sweet ride! Thanks for the info guys.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If that is a stock F-body Clutch Master, It should reach as that is what I am using and there is enough hose to reach it on my swap.