Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ls motor in a 6 Nova

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 03:51 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ls motor in a 6 Nova

I'm working on getting a beautiful 65 Chevy II Nova and I would really like to put my Twin Turbo set up from my fox mustang build in this car. After looking at the car I don't think I can get the headers to work unless I buy a new front end and I really don't have a lot of money to spend on it at this time.

I think I'm just going to put a heads and cam motor in it at this time but my question is, does anyone sell headers that will work? Has anyone found manifolds that will work?

I read several threads but never got the answer I was looking for. I will post some pictures when I get the car to my shop this week.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:14 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not sure if they make them for that year but BRPhotrods.com makes them for some novas. You could always just run upside down 6.0L manifolds for you turbo setup if you really want it.
Old 02-09-2009, 06:55 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Shawn MacAnanny
I'm not sure if they make them for that year but BRPhotrods.com makes them for some novas. You could always just run upside down 6.0L manifolds for you turbo setup if you really want it.
I was thinking that too, just suck doing it that way because I have everything done for my turbos to be mounted high...

Old 02-09-2009, 05:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

That a beautiful setup man! I'd say get yourself a welder and cut and move whats necessary in the nova haha. I'm more an engine than chasis favoring person. I wouldnt want to change that setup either.
Old 02-10-2009, 09:54 AM
Teching In

You'll never be able to fit those headers in a stock clip Chevy II. #2 and #4 exhaust ports are only 2.75 inches away from the shock tower.

Jared

Quick Reply: Ls motor in a 6 Nova