Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

T56 hydraulics setup

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 12:17 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default T56 hydraulics setup

I've been looking through peoples build threads but haven't found the answer I'm looking for, perhaps I am thinking too much about it. (Most seem to just say, 'installed the clutch master today and move on!?) I am putting a 5.3L with a t56 into my 65' mustang. (T56 just came in) Currently I am a ways off of actually hooking up any lines, but when I get to that point I want to know what I'm doing!

Can I just use stock Camaro stuff and hook it up to my original clutch pedal? As-in can I just make a bracket that makes it line up then run my own lines?

Could I use something like this and if I can should I also buy the 'kit' they show with it? (It seems a bit expensive for what it is, I'm sure I could find something that would work in the Junkyard) http://www.jegs.com/p/Wilwood/756326/10002/-1

I've never used a hydraulic clutch setup before, so if somebody knows where I can learn a bit more on how they work that would be great, plus I'm sure it would help clear up a lot of my confusion! I believe that is it for now, thanks a lot for your help and advice!
Old 02-10-2009, 12:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

For my Chevelle, I use the LS1 Master and slave, fab'd up a bracket to hold the master in the correct ply, template in the FAQ/Sticky and just use the OEM pedals, just had to fab up a tab or bracket on the Clutch pedal at the right location to make sure that the rod travels the correct distant.. just about 1" of travel. I also used a travel stop to not over travel the master / rod.

Almost anything will work as long as you get the master most the rod the correct travel and push the correct amount of fluid to get the slave to push the clutch the correct travel.

If you do a search on S&P site and in some of the Sticky, there is are pictures and drawing of what it looks like.
Old 02-10-2009, 01:44 AM
On The Tree

First I would like to say thanks for your quick reply!!

I came across 'S&P' a lot in my search, who/what is it? (Google didn't turn up anything that made sense? Im really sorry, normally I'm pretty good at digging up information)

Ok, I will hunt down some stock camaro stuff. That seemed the most logical to me as well. I have no problems making my own brackets and general fabrication.

So as long as the rod is straight I shouldn't have a problem? Thanks again!
Old 02-10-2009, 07:34 AM
rao
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Street & Performance, their website has lots of information and they sell lots of swap parts.
Old 02-10-2009, 03:23 PM
On The Tree

Thanks a bunch!

Quick Reply: T56 hydraulics setup