Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1970 chevelle lsx swap questions!!!!! HELP

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 11:02 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1970 chevelle lsx swap questions!!!!! HELP

its time for a new project and the car of choice is a 70 chevelle... not sure on what lsx engine is going in it just yet but i have a few questions and things that i need summed up...
1. how can i mount the engine in the car with a t56 without hving to cut my floor
2.will 4th gen f body headers fit, some that has used them before locally on the same swap told me they would fit
3. anybody using a modified fbody pan
4. anybody using an autocraft pan
5. does the camaro serpentine fit really well or should i look into the corvette style serpentine
6. what are your ideas on sumping the stock tank and using a nice external pump with corvette filter as my regulator
7. exactly how much work is it to make the 6spd pedals/hydraulics work

i know these are alot of questions but i dont want to go into this blind...
Old 02-10-2009, 11:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome.. what are your plans for now ? got any picture yet ?

1. Not much chance.. if you did the trans would have to hang very low and angle down too much.
2. yes, 4th Gen F-body have been used. Depending on the plates and where you locate the engine.
3. Modified f-Body pan would be the 1st choice to mod.
4. Many have and do.
5. yes, but depending on how and where you mount your engine, the Alternator pulley and the Steering box may come into contact.
6. Many do this to use External pump. I perfer internal. There are many opion on this, do some research on this. I am using the 99+ vette regulator.
7. Was not to hard, just used the adpter plate, you can buy one from vendor or make one from the template in the FAQ. I made one out of 1/4" steel but I would suggest 5/16" to keep if from flexing to much. I re-enforce mine after.

If your going to ask question, keep the specifice and to the point, else we end up writing a book LOL...

I see your just over the hill from me, are you going to the March Good Guys .. if so.. look for me, I'll be there.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:22 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i had my ls2 notch in the last show in nov or dec i think it was....

just got the car today... will have some pics soon...

so what do you think about what brp is offering? i have ordered the lh8 pan before and its crap... so would i be able to use their kit with a modified fbody pan...

Quick Reply: 1970 chevelle lsx swap questions!!!!! HELP