Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

found a book on swaps

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 05:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default found a book on swaps

hey i was at barns and noble and i found a book calld How to Swap GM LS-Series Engines into Almost Anything . have any of you guys seen this book?

Old 02-12-2009, 06:31 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Someone was talking here on the boards about that book a while ago to solicit photos. Some of the guys here will have their cars in that book.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:39 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

From what I hear it is a big brochure for street & Performance.
Old 02-12-2009, 08:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Man, I HOPE that's not true... I'd be PISSED if I spent $20 or so on it & found that to be the case...

Old 02-13-2009, 05:19 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

To prove my point... here is the 1st edition's cover...
Old 02-13-2009, 09:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If that is the case they should call it how to empty your kids college fund and get into irreparable debt while swapping an ls motor into almost anything.
Old 02-13-2009, 10:00 AM
Teching In

Bought mine from amazon.com, received it a few days ago, and that's what it is, a big brochure for street and performance. There's nothing in it that we probabley don't already know. Waste of money in my opinion!!
Old 02-14-2009, 11:46 PM
Staging Lane

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

S&P provided a lot of help for the book, but the book focuses on the how to, and not where to get your parts. We featured quite a few manufacturers and featured a bunch of builds, some of which were S&P, some were not. We have a Volvo and a BMW in there! We had to go with the best photography that illustrated the details of the swaps that is why you see a lot of S&P, they had really good photos, whereas many of the other people that offered up detail pics simply were not big enough pics to be used in a book, fine for the internet, but we needed large, hi-res stuff. The book is designed as a guide to general LS engine swaps for the masses, to give the first timer (and even some experienced swappers) help. We spent over a year working and researching the details of the book and worked really hard to make sure we covered all the bases. You should be able to sit down in the garage with an LS engine a car and this book and be able to make it happen. S&P has a lot of good stuff for swaps, as do many of the other manufacturers listed in the book. To say that this book is a big brochure for S&P is a bit unfair. You may be very experienced in LS engine swaps, to expect this book to offer a bunch of info you have not already learned is probably not going to happen, but take a serious look at it from the perspective of a beginner and I think you will find it is very informative.
Old 02-15-2009, 06:52 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 71buickfreak
S&P provided a lot of help for the book, but the book focuses on the how to, and not where to get your parts. We featured quite a few manufacturers and featured a bunch of builds, some of which were S&P, some were not. We have a Volvo and a BMW in there! We had to go with the best photography that illustrated the details of the swaps that is why you see a lot of S&P, they had really good photos, whereas many of the other people that offered up detail pics simply were not big enough pics to be used in a book, fine for the internet, but we needed large, hi-res stuff. The book is designed as a guide to general LS engine swaps for the masses, to give the first timer (and even some experienced swappers) help. We spent over a year working and researching the details of the book and worked really hard to make sure we covered all the bases. You should be able to sit down in the garage with an LS engine a car and this book and be able to make it happen. S&P has a lot of good stuff for swaps, as do many of the other manufacturers listed in the book. To say that this book is a big brochure for S&P is a bit unfair. You may be very experienced in LS engine swaps, to expect this book to offer a bunch of info you have not already learned is probably not going to happen, but take a serious look at it from the perspective of a beginner and I think you will find it is very informative.
I have to agree...there's a lot of good info in there for first timers like me and I never got the impression that it was anything near a brochure. I can't imagine anyone who knows a ton about these swaps buying it and being satisfied. It'd be like me buynig swap book for the gen 1 SBC!

Quick Reply: found a book on swaps