Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do I do next?

Old 02-14-2009, 08:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do I do next?

I'm swapping a 5.3 Vortec into a Jeep CJ7. I have the engine mounted, pretty much all the bolt ons. The wiring harness is reworked, and the chassis harness is ready to go it. I still need to modify the passenger side header, plumb the fuel line with pump, plumb the clutch line and finish up other mechanical things that just need assembled.

I am going to take it to 2 different places to finish it up. Here's my question, Do I get the wiring done first? or do I get the fuel system, clutch lines and header taken care of first?

I have the money to do one at a time, but not both together.
Old 02-14-2009, 10:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would probably do the fuel system, clutch lines and exhaust finished first. You are going to need those systems before you power it up anyway. Plus, it will be nice to have the headers finished and the fuel pump in, so you can know exactly where the O2 sensor wires have to go and you'll be able to wire your pump and float all at the same time. You'll also be able to wire around your exhaust routing, etc.
Old 02-15-2009, 01:12 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did all of my wiring absolutely last. Everything was mechanicly finished 100% done before I wired the car.

Search this Thread