Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My LSX swap game plan..

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 10:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default My LSX swap game plan..

Ok, here's my LSX swap game plan, feel free to comment anywhere you may see a flaw, I have thought about this for a few months on the parts used, and such...it's pretty much a budget build till It runs and then **** starts to break

Vehicle: 95 Z28 A4 car...
rear end: Stock 10bolt w/ upgraded Alloy axles and 3.42 gears (for now)
Motor: Fresh Blueprint LS1..(Stock spec'd)
Cam: either a TSP torquer3 or TSP MS3.(still debating this one)
Heads: TSP LS6's
intake: Fast 90/90(whenever funds allow)..LS6 for intial install
100shot of nitrous on top of it all..
Trans: Hughes TH400 W/Tansbrake or possible TH350 W/Trans brake
Circle D 4k converter

here's the skinny, I'm buying back my 95 Z in a few weeks with a bad motor, car was a Cam only LT1 with an TNT F1 kit, I'm getting the car back with everything I sold it with (why I opted for nitrous over Fi) and I already have the motor parted out and sold to a guy I work with for about $400-$500, it hs a built 4L60E in that has roughly 50miles on it since the rebuild which is also sold to a co-worker for about $1500 (cost me 2k)...now I know the main week link will be the 10bolt but it will have to stay in there for awhile till I can get around to getting a 12bolt to put under it.. it will be a weekend warrior car and hardly dirven during the week if at all....I think it will be a decent running car with what I have lined up for it even though it won't be the only motor going in...while it has the LS1 in it and it's done and running, I will be building an LS6 set up for Fi. (possibly an ASP TT kit)...what's everyone think??? I know someone is going to ask why not just wait to build to LS6 and do it once...fact is, the LS6 is going to take awhile to build, and the LS1 I can have done in about 4 months from start to finish...LS6 will take roughly about a year and half at least... will post pics when I get started..but here's what I will be starting with:
http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y11...0Z28%20Camaro/

Last edited by GreatWhiteZ28; 02-16-2009 at 11:08 AM.