Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pics of miata with motor plate???

Old 02-27-2009, 02:43 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pics of miata with motor plate???

looks a little pricey to buy the new k, i see the guys on the $2003 challenge used a motor plate, anyone have any pics of this or be able to point out some cons upon doing it this way?

also i have been searching around and no one seems to be doing the backyard-mod your own k member, or atleast no write ups on it, where the junk yard miata builds?

i picked up a decent 92 for 300$ and have a few ideas for a cheap build, lets see someone with a welder and knows how to use it.

welder>buying overpriced ****.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:51 PM
11 Second Club

You must not have looked too hard. There are several people that have built their own K-members. Either modified the stock, or made their own from various tubing. I remember seeing one miata using a motor plate, but can't remember who's it was or where i saw it. After spending quite a bit on my build, i can see some areas that could easily save you quite a bit of money. Unfortunately this is one of those builds that nickle and dimes you to death...

Not to sound like an ***, but doing a Google Search brings up quite a bit. Have fun.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:41 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by dark_dementshun
You must not have looked too hard. There are several people that have built their own K-members. Either modified the stock, or made their own from various tubing. I remember seeing one miata using a motor plate, but can't remember who's it was or where i saw it. After spending quite a bit on my build, i can see some areas that could easily save you quite a bit of money. Unfortunately this is one of those builds that nickle and dimes you to death...

Not to sound like an ***, but doing a Google Search brings up quite a bit. Have fun.
ive been searching for around a week and havnt found alot of information, most ppl are using v8roadsters or boss frog, monster miata, etc "kits", im looking to see what it take to modify a stock K and google is not being my friend, nor are the miata forums, everyone buys the kits and bolts it in.
Old 03-02-2009, 06:59 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Get a picture of a kit and copy it.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:04 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by burndout
lets see someone with a welder and knows how to use it. welder>buying overpriced ****.

Not everyone has used a kit. Further, a lot of guys of whom chose to modify or build their own K-frame, don't post on the internet. Further, chosing to buy a k-frame is not an indication of welding ability, or lack there of. There are plenty of k-frame pics around; either from kit or not. The pics alone + some measurements aught to be enough for a skilled craftsman to build from.

Search this Thread