Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cracked Edelbrock Victor Jr

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 03:00 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cracked Edelbrock Victor Jr

I remember reading a topic awhile ago that had a bunch of people with cracked carb'd Edelbrock Victor Jr intakes. I started to get my car ready for spring and saw three of the four passenger side intake runners cracked. They are cracked right on the face that meets the head and the o-rings are popping out.

Short of having someone TIG weld the intake, has anyone gone to Edelbrock to see what they can do? If so, who did you contact? This is actually my second intake, as my first one came cracked in the same location.
Old 02-27-2009, 03:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

edelcrap is known for using low quality materials and casting processes.Your best bet is too ditch it and find something else.If you really want that one send it to a machine shop for tig welding and refinishing the surfaces.good luck
Old 02-27-2009, 03:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I had the thread posted mentioned. I called summit, summit shipped me a new one next day and i sent the old one back.

The new one i got was fine and has had no issues. Search my name and you will find the thread with all of the pictures. The o-ring recesses were just machined off center which caused the casting to be too thin and crack.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:06 PM
On The Tree

I called Edelbrock directly and I am sending it back for a warantee exchange. With the intake off, the last runner on the passenger side is cracked also. Hopefully I get a new intake back within 2 weeks.

Quick Reply: Cracked Edelbrock Victor Jr