Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If you have the BRP mounts with LH8 and A-Body, post here

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 08:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default If you have the BRP mounts with LH8 and A-Body, post here

I want to use this setup, but am getting conflicting stories on just how far this has the pan hang below the cross member. I have PMed several people with the setup who claim 1/2"-3/4", while others are posting it hangs 2" below. I need to get a solid correct answer so I am not wasting my time buying parts that aren't going to work! This is in regards to their 64-72 A Body kit, nothing else.

Thanks all, and pics would be great!
Old 03-12-2009, 11:10 PM
Launching!

I would never, I say that again, NEVER put a oil pan that hangs lower than the crossmember. The cross member ends up being a guard for the oil pan. You can do it and be just fine, I would rather have my pan in the place it is supposed to be. My previous engine was a 468 Big Block Roller cam with a high capacity 7 QT pan. Granted that engine is a lot heaver but it I bottomed out on too many occasions (yes I did have correct BB springs). In fact while having the engine out of the car for a cam swap I had to remove the dent from the bottom side of the pan. If you bottom that aluminum pan out once you are done. Period.

In my opinion I think all the LS1 swap mounts suck. I made a set duplicating the BRP style for my time and $20 of material. I also relocated the perches to fit my headers and other goals. Take a look at my profile for more info.
I am using the Autocraft pan which doesn't hang below the cross member and Edelbrock headers. I am also not a fan of the S&P pan, I had one of those but dumped it because of the negative comments on here. I figured it wasn't worth the chance.
Old 03-13-2009, 07:16 AM
On The Tree

Thank you for your opinion Ben, just trying to get the actual facts on this kit setup, nothing else.
Old 03-13-2009, 09:18 AM
FormerVendor

here are some pics of the 64 gto with the LH8 and the new style BRP kit. The photo on the 67 frame was taken when we first got the LH8 stock and used an older rubber version of mount that was replaced with a Poly frame mount that changed its mounting location.

The Cadillac CTS-V oil pan can also be used to gain extra clearance as long a top mount A/C compressor for from KwikPerf.com or no A/C and will work with our kit and hedders.
Old 03-13-2009, 06:09 PM
11 Second Club

Here's my 66 Skylark.
Attached Thumbnails If you have the BRP mounts with LH8 and A-Body, post here-dsc00111.jpg   If you have the BRP mounts with LH8 and A-Body, post here-dsc00112.jpg   If you have the BRP mounts with LH8 and A-Body, post here-dsc00116.jpg  
Old 03-15-2009, 08:02 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by cacmanjr
Here's my 66 Skylark.
Looks good Carl, any driving issues with it yet? What front suspension setup are you running?
Old 03-15-2009, 09:03 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by g6t6o
Looks good Carl, any driving issues with it yet? What front suspension setup are you running?
I haven't got the car up and running yet. I am currently working on the wiring and I still have the throttle body cable and TV cable for the 200 4R to sort out. I only get to work on it about 2 days a month so it is going to be a little while before it is done. Front suspension is stock with 70 Monte Carlo spindle/disk brake set up. Good luck with your project. If I can help more, let me know.

Quick Reply: If you have the BRP mounts with LH8 and A-Body, post here