Sponsored by:

LS1 into '66 Chevelle

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 08:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 into '66 Chevelle

I have just started a project to put a 50,000 mile 2001 LS1 into a
66 Chevelle. I have a 2001 Camaro donor car (slight roll ) that I'm pulling the engine, transmission and all accessories from. I'm also converting the non-AC Chevelle to use the Camaro's AC. the Camaro was rolled, so I spent the first day cleaning out all the damage and pulling the salvageable parts. I'll try to add pictures as I go to keep y'all updated. For now, you will have to settle for the picture of the Chevelle and the new power plant.

I'm trying to get the Chevelle ready for Chevellebration 2009, so I have a couple months to get it done so I work out any bugs.

I have accumulated parts over the last few weeks and I'm pretty close to having everything I need. I need to pick up a gas tank, trunk floor and I need to find someone that can re-program my ECM. If you know someone that is reliable and quick (I know it's a lot to ask) let me know. I'm going to tackle the wiring myself, so I'm sure I'll post some questions about that.

As part of this, I would like to upgrade the stock 10-bolt to a posi unit, so if you have any leads or experience from your rear-end upgrade, please let me know.

Tomorrow will be more Camaro clean up featuring inner-fender and dash removal.

I'll mostly update chevelles.com, so the most up to date progress will be here
Old 03-16-2009, 09:06 AM
TECH Resident

John Nice chevelle. Wait4meperformance is a good place to get a tune. Many of us have used Jesse. 84$ It took about 2 weeks from the time I sent it to it arrived on my door step. Good luck with your build
Rocky
Old 06-08-2009, 03:02 PM
Teching In

If anyone is interested, I've been making good progess on the LS1 '66 Chevelle build. Check out Chevelles.com for the progress.

I should have it started soon and back on the road.
Old 06-08-2009, 08:03 PM
12 Second Club

hey john, if you want a great tune you need to go with steve williams(aka frost) from tunedbyfrost.com. he is quick and reasonable. plus he is a site sponsor. if you have`nt picked up a fuel tank yet, then try rockauto.com. they sell the stock fitting tank with a built in fuel pump and sender from spectre
Old 06-08-2009, 10:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That Chevelle site is not the most reliable: "The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later."
Old 08-06-2009, 02:08 PM
Teching In

Just to provide an update, the car is on the road and I pick it up today from the shop after the new posi was installed!!!!

I'm looking forward to driving it a lot this weekend.

Quick Reply: LS1 into '66 Chevelle