Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone used BRP ls convertion kit

Old 03-17-2009, 08:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone used BRP ls convertion kit

Im getting started with my swap, ordered the engine & trans from Otting monday. (00 ls1 & a4 from a Z28). Was looking at this Brp kit with headers & oil pan. He says its a direct bolt in, no mods, trans tunnel or anywhere. Has anyone used this setup. Thanks for your help, more question to come after I get it mounted. Thanks again Jason
Old 03-17-2009, 09:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

What kind of car? The pan hangs a little low on first gen F bodies.

Don
Old 03-17-2009, 09:47 PM
Teching In

68 camaro
Old 03-17-2009, 10:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used one for my 71 chevelle, got the mount kit then got the pan locally at the chevy dealer.. Using the lq4 motor, It fit great. got the Edelbrock headers for it... got the body on the rotiserie right now....

Rick
Old 03-18-2009, 12:38 AM
Staging Lane

i bought all the parts for my 70 nova from them, while waiting for my headers that took 2 months to get since they lost my order ( they fixed it) i installed everything, the pan hung down way to low, for atleast my setup, i tired to use an autokraft pan with there motor mounts but they move the motor to far forward and it would hit my center link..

so i sold everything and bought the autokraft mounts, fits alot more snug like the old 383did. dont get me wrong the products were nice, headers were very nice, but just hung down way way to low for my taste
Old 03-18-2009, 08:13 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by strtlegal
i bought all the parts for my 70 nova from them, while waiting for my headers that took 2 months to get since they lost my order ( they fixed it) i installed everything, the pan hung down way to low, for atleast my setup, i tired to use an autokraft pan with there motor mounts but they move the motor to far forward and it would hit my center link..

so i sold everything and bought the autokraft mounts, fits alot more snug like the old 383did. dont get me wrong the products were nice, headers were very nice, but just hung down way way to low for my taste
That was with the LH8 pan right? Did you ever think about trying the CTS pan?
Old 03-18-2009, 08:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

We have one going in a 56 belair right now, we are waiting on the headers (should be here friday) the initial mock up showed we had to flip one of the mounts upside down to get it to work but other than that it fit like a glove. definitely a nice kit.
Old 03-22-2009, 04:41 PM
Teching In

Question

I have the BRP conversion kit. So far the trans mount does not fit. It actually hits the transmission housing. The motor sits too low to clear air conditioning pump. I would need to notch alot more than they suggest on the frame. Also the motor sits too far forward to work with the Hooker headers. I am a little disapointed right now. The motor and 6 speed trans I an using is out of an 06 GTO. I have put the camaro pan on. Has anyone used these headers with some ones kit?
Old 03-22-2009, 05:30 PM
On The Tree

I got rid of my BRP kit for my '73 and went with the Edelbrock plates and headers. The LH8 oil pan hangs too low and it wasn't even close to a bolt in setup. You can move the BRP mounts back, relocate the A/C and use a f-body or CTS oil pan but at that point why spend close to $500 for a kit when a set of $60 adapter plates will work just as well... if not better. I think you and your wallet will be much happier with one of the many adapter plate kits that are available.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Has anyone used BRP ls convertion kit