Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Edelbrock timing pills + MSD 6010 pills

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 10:28 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Edelbrock timing pills + MSD 6010 pills

I have read that the edelbrock pills set the total timing to high 36* where 30* is best. Does edelbrock or MSD sell pills that limit total advance to 30*? Where can I buy them if so? I don't need a timing retard for nitrous or a rev limiter and would much rather use what I already have. Any help is appreciated.
Old 03-22-2009, 09:49 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by The stunningman
I have read that the edelbrock pills set the total timing to high 36* where 30* is best. Does edelbrock or MSD sell pills that limit total advance to 30*? Where can I buy them if so? I don't need a timing retard for nitrous or a rev limiter and would much rather use what I already have. Any help is appreciated.
If you are running the Edelbrock box, I assume it is a carbureted engine. The pills that come with that box are the same curves as the ones shipped with the MSD 6010. Check out *billyflantos* thread..6.90's in a junkyard 6.0..before you throw the pills away. I think he started with the #3 pill and is now running the # 6. If your engine has a decent cam in it and it is CARBURETED, it needs more than 30* total timing. Read the thread. Ron

Quick Reply: Edelbrock timing pills + MSD 6010 pills