Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

99-00 6-speed corvette ls1 wiring questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 09:33 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99-00 6-speed corvette ls1 wiring questions

Ok, so I have the pinouts for the PCM, but I don't have the pinouts for the two round connectors that connect the PCM to the trans, BCM, etc.

I used my multimeter to trace a lot of them, but some I couldn't get (bad connection? maybe my probe just didn't touch right?) Here's what I have. Can someone fill in the blanks?

Also, what are all the pink (and other ones I am missing) wires going to the engine relay box?

Also, the MIL and some other things don't even go to the connectors, but the vette IPC has pins for them. Does the BCM get the tach, 1-4 shift light, and MIL from the serial data line and then send it to the IPC? If so, why would the PCM have an output? For mechanics/aftermarket?

Thanks for any help, I really appreciate it. I'll post pics of my progress in a bit. Most of it isn't much to see though...
Old 03-28-2009, 06:00 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by nycab
Ok, so I have the pinouts for the PCM, but I don't have the pinouts for the two round connectors that connect the PCM to the trans, BCM, etc.

I used my multimeter to trace a lot of them, but some I couldn't get (bad connection? maybe my probe just didn't touch right?) Here's what I have. Can someone fill in the blanks?

Also, what are all the pink (and other ones I am missing) wires going to the engine relay box?

Also, the MIL and some other things don't even go to the connectors, but the vette IPC has pins for them. Does the BCM get the tach, 1-4 shift light, and MIL from the serial data line and then send it to the IPC? If so, why would the PCM have an output? For mechanics/aftermarket?

Thanks for any help, I really appreciate it. I'll post pics of my progress in a bit. Most of it isn't much to see though...
What are you trying to do and what is the original trans from? These vary by year and by trans model and original vehicle wiring.
Old 03-28-2009, 08:39 PM
Staging Lane

'00 vette ls1 (originally w/auto). The harness is from a '99 vette ls1 w/t56. It's mated to an fbody t56 (I've been told I need to program this PCM to use the fbody vss). I'm keeping the vette DBW and instrument panel (and I guess dealing with the error codes?).

Thanks for any help you can offer.
Old 03-29-2009, 08:28 AM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Take a look at this one..
Attached Thumbnails 99-00 6-speed corvette ls1 wiring questions-wire-1.jpg  
Old 03-29-2009, 11:33 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by gtpvette
Take a look at this one..
Thanks so much. That covers the first connector (male blue).

Do you have the same sheet for the second one (female orange)?

Also, where does the IPC get info for
MIL (BRN/WHT) RED PIN 46
TACH (WHT) RED PIN 10
SHIFT LIGHT (WHT) RED PIN 47

Is all this info carried by the serial line and then converted by the BCM or something? It strikes me as odd that the PCM has outputs for them, the IPC has inputs for them, but there are no connectors that include them.
Old 03-29-2009, 01:25 PM
On The Tree

Here is the other one......
Attached Thumbnails 99-00 6-speed corvette ls1 wiring questions-wire-2.jpg  
Old 03-29-2009, 01:32 PM
Staging Lane

thanks so much for the second connector!
Old 03-29-2009, 01:51 PM
On The Tree

It took me a couple of minutes to find the answer to your other questions.
Take a look at these two diagrams,, they'll show you what you need. It looks like all three of those circuts go to the underhood electrical center.

Good Luck....
Attached Thumbnails 99-00 6-speed corvette ls1 wiring questions-wire-3.jpg   99-00 6-speed corvette ls1 wiring questions-wire-4.jpg  

Quick Reply: 99-00 6-speed corvette ls1 wiring questions