Sponsored by:

LS6 corvette water pump interferes with throttle body

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 10:27 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS6 corvette water pump interferes with throttle body

Hey Gang,

I got my water pump select sorted out and ordered an LS6 corvette water pump to save room in front of the motor with the narrower pulley.

However, when I went to install it yesterday, the new placement of the inlet (in the center of the motor) interferes with a small hose that runs from the bottom of the throttle body to a pipe that runs along the top of the motor.

Here are some pictures.

First, this is with the LS6 corvette water pump *almost* in place. I say almost because the pipe on the bottom of the throttle body prevents it from getting all the way into place so it'll bolt up.

Here's a close up from below the throttle body. It looks like the pipe is bent down...

And here's an overhead of the pipe on the front of the motor (waterpump removed). Is this stock? It almost looks like the PO fixed something here or added it...

Do I need a different throttle body? Should I carefully bend these things out of the way?

Any help appreciated.

Cheers,

Dean
Old 04-05-2009, 01:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The tubes on the Throttle body is the coolant to heat the Throttle Body. most people will do away with them, the so call "The Throttle Body Bypass Mod".

Unless your trying to be Smog compliant for your state, just do away with the tube by pulling them out and pluging the holes. Then just connect the hose from the radiator or upper radiator hose to the steam vent tube in the last picture.

In the last picture, that is the steam vent, if you can bend it up and out of the way, you'll be ok. If you have to, you can cut and braze on a tube with a bend in it to clear.

Quick Reply: LS6 corvette water pump interferes with throttle body