Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2001 Yukon Denali 6.0 TAC?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 10:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2001 Yukon Denali 6.0 TAC?

Hello, I just bought an 01 6.0 to put in my tube chassis rock crawler and have been reading this site all day. It's great, lots of info!

The junkyard graciously left the truck together for me and let me take whatever wiring and electronics I needed at no extra charge before they cut the motor out. I mistakenly grabbed another module thinking it was the TAC and they crushed the truck before I could get back to it. I have the drive by wire TB and the pedal. What's the part # for the TAC I need and what other vehicles does it cross over too? They said to check back periodically and if they get another truck with the right TAC I could have it because they usually just cut the engine out and don't save the electronics.

Also, what accessory belt do I need if I don't have an A/C compressor? I don't have the compressor and don't want to run it and would like to get a belt on it so I can remove the clutch fan.

Thanks in Advance!
Old 04-09-2009, 05:28 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

#1 Call a dealership parts department and ask for the part number for the throttle control module for that specific year/make/model engine.

#2. To answer your A/C question. The A/C compressor is driven off of it's own belt and if you remove it, it will not affect anything else.

Quick Reply: 2001 Yukon Denali 6.0 TAC?