Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hanks S13 LS2/T56 build

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 02:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hanks S13 LS2/T56 build

Well now that the S10 is all done and running great....its time for a new project. In comes a 1991 240sx S13 rolling chassis. Body is in GREAT shape. Just some minor surface rust and some rust under the battery area. Will be replaced and taken care of. Car was always a South Florida car so its has no frame rot or anything normally seen on these cars. Here are some pics. It will have full suspension work done to it. Adjustable everything, coilovers, helix LSD, probably 17/18 rims....and of course a LS2/T56. Here are some pics to start.

and a few days later....only has the rear hatch left attached. Since that picture the remainder mess and the rear bumper and stuff has been taken off.

Old 04-09-2009, 05:39 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it turns out anything like your S10, this thing is going to be NICE! Do you already have the engine and trans?
Old 04-10-2009, 11:04 AM
TECH Apprentice

Dont have the Engine and Trans YET. But am sourcing one out as I type. I know for sure it wont get anything other then a GTO LS2/T56 combo. And yes this is going to get the same treatment as my S10 got. So expect this turd to be polished very nicely when done.
Old 04-10-2009, 04:41 PM
On The Tree

welcome to the world of 240's its an endless pit of spending !!!!!
subscribed!!!!
Old 04-11-2009, 08:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah my S10 is also an endless pit of spending. But I intend to build this up with every upgrade I can see needing on it. It wont be a sole drifter...or a sole auto-x car. Just solely for my fun and enjoyment. If I can squeeze 500hp outta the LS2 I will be more than happy.
Old 04-11-2009, 08:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

And it gets a bath. Pressure washing the years of grit and grime off this thing is a task. Gotta get ready for new undercoat and engine bay cleanup.

Old 04-15-2009, 08:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

A bit of an update. I am stuck waiting on parts for the new suspension. I am also waiting on my TUB of Quitecote for the undercoating and engine bay area. Most all should be here by the weekend. So more updates by that time I hope.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:28 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by RUTH'LESSDET
welcome to the world of 240's its an endless pit of spending !!!!!
subscribed!!!!

++2 Spending pit
Old 04-17-2009, 06:25 AM
On The Tree

Very nice project there

if you ever need a hand, I'm just down the road in N. Fort Myers

-jason
Old 04-17-2009, 07:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

HAHA watch out now...I might just take you up on the offer lol. And as far as a spending pit goes. What would life be without throwing money at a car or truck....or both in my case. I would much rather throw away money into building a fun fast and different vehicle, than to drink or smoke it away Should be getting all the suspension and stuff tomorrow. And hope to get started on some surface rust repair and stuff also. IF I dont have to work all weekend.
Old 04-19-2009, 05:12 AM
On The Tree

Its a serious offer, but I don't have a day off until the 28th... lol

-jason
Old 04-21-2009, 07:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

Well I got pushed off over the weekend. A few unexpected things happened. First off had to work all saturday and sunday. Second parts were delayed so they didnt get here until Monday. Third the car is at my buddy's house, and well he just lost his job so he will be moving in a few weeks....so I am losing the garage. So I have been cleaning out mine and making room for the 240 next to my S10. Will be tight but I will make it work. I did get all the new suspension stuff yesterday. ALL new POLY bushings along with the pineapple bushings for the rear subframe. Also got adjustable pillow bars, adj RUCA, adj tension rods, front and rear HEAVY duty swaybars, and fully adj coilovers. Will get some pics up tonight or tomorrow. But since this car is coming home...now I have to sell off some things. So I guess bye bye ATV, and maybe the Seadoo also But its ok, cause I never use them anyways, they just collect dust.

Hopefully as soon as I get it home, I will start on some body work. Also pulling all the suspension off and sending it out to powdercoat. SO some updates will be coming soon.
Old 04-21-2009, 08:23 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Another LSx Hatch! We all need to have a meet when the cars are finished!

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 04-21-2009, 01:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

I would love that. The more I tear into this car....the more I realize this thing is AWESOME. The simplicity yet the complexity of it just amazes me. Now I see why they are so sought after in the drift and auto-x worlds. And yes this is the FIRST nissan I have ever put my hands on
Old 04-21-2009, 03:13 PM
On The Tree

Sweet. What's your reasoning behind getting a helical LSD instead of the usual clutch type?

If this is going to be mostly street car, I would get 18s all around. Would look killer. Before you do your undercoating, you might want to hammer in the seams in the front wheel wells, especially the one on top. It will eat your tires if you intend to run low.

Looking forward to seeing some pictures of parts.
Old 04-22-2009, 06:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

The reason for a helical is cause I wont really be drifting with it, probably more auto-x. I am thinking maybe of building up 2 differentials (one with helical and one with a clutch type) I am already looking at 18's, so I am pretty sure thats my route. And thanks for the heads up on the seams. I will get at that here in the next few days. I intedned to do some work last night but instead I have come down with the flu or something. Fever of 103 all last night, so I feel like ****. But maybe later on I will get some work done and take some pics since im off work
Old 04-22-2009, 09:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Looking good man. Subscribing to this 1. I'm currently starting on my S14 project. L33 arrived yesterday. Now I just need a T56.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:01 PM
TECH Regular

cool, it looks cool flat black
Old 04-24-2009, 10:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

Well as promised here are a few pics. They arent that great cause all I had available was my cell phone. The wife took the regular camera to work with her. Women...I dunno. But here they are. Fully Adj Coils, Adj RUCA's, Adj Tension rods, Adj pillow bars, Front and rear sway bars, and full poly bushings which includes new pineapple bushings. I didnt get a picture of the Cross Bar for the rear though...forgot about it sitting in the corner.

Old 04-24-2009, 10:43 AM
Teching In

Looks like a big pile of Ebay. Are those the godspeed coils?

Quick Reply: Hanks S13 LS2/T56 build