Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2 questions guys, these will make mine efi or carb

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 07:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 questions guys, these will make mine efi or carb

1- who sells a stand alone harness in the 350-450 range, if anyone does, seem they all sell in the 600-750 range . for that much i might just go carb

2- i have a ls1 w 241 heads and zo6 cam , what would it take or what should i get if i go carb . can i run the carb with the zo6 cam . down the road it will be getting a custom or ms4 cam

what intake
what msd box and harness
what size and make carb, edelbrock seem easy to work
Old 04-20-2009, 05:39 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If you go carb, use either the GMPP intake or an edlebrock, doesn't seem to matter. Just make sure you get the MSD box and stay away from the edlebrock box. The MSD box has better tuning capability. Both boxes come with the harness.

I am running a carb on an LS2 motor. So 243 heads and a Z06 cam. I have a Holley 750 double pumper with mechanical secondaries. I am new at this and don't seem to have the time to tune, but the LS2/Z06 cam is a bit of a challange with the double pumper. The cam draws a lot of vacuum at idle, and I think the double pumper wants something with more cam. Especially the mech secondary models. Still don't have the transition right, but I am still working on it.

But pretty much any carb can be made to work with that cam. Go with at least a 750. These motors make more HP than the first gens so they need a little more carb. Some guys will argue with that, but 750 seems to be a starting point.

If you buy all new stuff you will quickly exceed the $700 harness price. If you buy used and gets some deals, especially on the carb, you can beat that price.