Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corvette TAC and Pedal....LS2 throttlebody / Gen IV truck Tbody problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 07:01 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Corvette TAC and Pedal....LS2 throttlebody / Gen IV truck Tbody problems

Hi, i have a LS2 24X motor that is being run by a Gen III style ecm and harness. I had it set up with a 97-04 vette pedal and TAC module, and wired for a 90mm ls2 throttle body. It works fine with this throttle body, no codes are thrown. HOWEVER...i cant run the LS2 style 90mm throttle body because we're running a truck accessory drive, L92 / Gen IV truck water pump with belt relocation kit....and the throttle body drive motor that hangs off the side of the Tbody will hit the water pump. SO...........I installed a GEN IV truck throttle body....same connector, 6 pin, ive heard that they operate the same as the ls2/ls3 throttle bodys and are wired the same. When i hook up this truck throttle body, it throws every TPS code known to man and kills the DBW system.

Has anybody experienced this, is anybody running a GEN IV 90mm (think its actually a 87mm) throttle body with a vette pedal and tac? Obviously the problem is with the TB and not the rest of the system, it goes away when i put the LS2 TB back on.

Thanks in advance for the help!

JH
Old 05-22-2009, 11:46 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Been through the exact scenario. Are you getting a P1516? The 87mm is goofy. The TBSS guys have issues with them in FI applications.

I had an adapter made, LS2 TB works flawlessly. Way easier and cheaper than changing the accessory drive out.

Old 05-23-2009, 12:20 AM
Launching!

I didn't write the codes down....i threw 7 different codes though all throttle control cirtuit related. was a little rushed for time today, had to put the car away. Ill write them down tomorrow and get back at you. Nice adaptor, i may have to make one myself! Thanks for the reply, this is kind of a weird one and I figured it was gonna get 1000 looks and 0 responses! The Gen III / Gen IV hybrid harness scares people off lol
Old 08-07-2009, 09:25 AM
Launching!

thanks for the info guys.

Quick Reply: Corvette TAC and Pedal....LS2 throttlebody / Gen IV truck Tbody problems