Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

swap questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 10:25 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default swap questions

i am putting a lq4 from an 03 silverado into my 91 firebird, and i have a few questions. i have the truck ecm, and most of the harness. i was going to try to use them with the original harness to get this going, but i have an ls6 intake for it, so how much of the wiring will not be ok with the car stuff. i think i need the car injectors, and they're different wire connectors, right? which maf should i use. or would this be a lot easier to try to find a car harness/computer somewhere. can i just make all the changes in the tune or do i need a physically different computer if i go to the car harness to make it look nicer? thanks guys,

nick
Old 06-02-2009, 01:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seriously, all the info you could ever want on this can be found on my favorite forum, www.thirdgen.org Go there, go into the message boards, go into engine swaps, then go into LTx and LSx.
Old 06-02-2009, 05:45 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The injector plugs are different for the correct injectors for the car manifold.

The '03 should have a drive by wire electronic throttle.

If you are going to use that, you might consider staying with the truck harness that already has the connector for the TAC module and throttle body. If you go this way, make sure the TAC, PCM and pedal are all from the same year, and better yet, all from the same truck.

If you are going to use a cable throttle, you might want to consider using a car harness and PCM

A lot of the truck computers don't have a driver circuit installed to run the IAC on a cable throttle so if you go to cable throttle you may have to change the PCM too.

Hope this helps you some