Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help guys iam trying to get it started

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 12:27 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help guys iam trying to get it started

Vats is not taken out yet. I know that. Iam just trying to fire her off and let her run and then die. How ever long it runs until it dies. Could it be that my vats is working that fast it want even let it fire off. It has not once act like it would fire off. All its doing is turing over. The fuel pump is getting 12v has soon has i turn the key on( it cycles ), then the 12v is gone. So i not always getting the 12v. I was just trying to make sure everything was right before i took it to the dyno for tuning and vats removal. The harness is from speartech. So is the vats coming on that soon or do i need to start somewhere else?
Old 06-14-2009, 12:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You have other problems. Vats won't keep it from starting, just from running more than a 2 or 3 seconds. Do you have the grounds connected, and 12 volts to the coils?
Old 06-14-2009, 12:59 PM
Launching!

What do I need to do to test the injectors. What about the fuel pump not getting 12v all the time
Old 06-14-2009, 01:28 PM
Launching!

iam taken my volt meter and touching one to the head and the other side to a 12v source and iam getting good volts. So to me the block is grounded. Computer is 12v and then getting the 12v's from the key. So to me the computer is live. Just why Is the dang fuel pump not getting 12v's all the time.
Old 06-14-2009, 02:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm no expert but Speartech should have taken vats out. Is it turning over? Are you running the vette fuel filter? I had my lines crossed at the filter. I pulled the fuel line at the intake and had no fuel. Once I figured that out she fired right up. Good luck
Old 06-14-2009, 02:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The fuel pump only gets 12V for a couple of seconds when you first turn the key on. This is just to pressure up the fuel system. Some older cars also will have a wire that's hot with the key on, but loses voltage when you start cranking the engine. Make sure you are not connected to one of these. Did you check the pink wire at the coils for 12 volts? There should be three ground wires that bolt to the back one head. If you forgot to connect these, the car will never start.
Old 06-14-2009, 03:39 PM
Launching!

I am so ******* dumb. I had the fuel pump backwards. I did finish it all late last night. I not trying to give any excuses but. IT ALIVE. For 3 seconds
Old 06-15-2009, 01:28 PM
TECH Resident

No worries, I traced wires for 3 hours and then decided to look in the standalone fuse box I purchased for my diy harness. She fired right up once I stuck the fuses in. Congrats it's a nice feeling when you here it for the first time.
Old 06-15-2009, 03:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rockytopper
No worries, I traced wires for 3 hours and then decided to look in the standalone fuse box I purchased for my diy harness. She fired right up once I stuck the fuses in. Congrats it's a nice feeling when you here it for the first time.

I traced wires for a day or so until I remembered I didn't reinstall my clutch switch, jumped it together and :vroom:

****, it happens

Quick Reply: Help guys iam trying to get it started