Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Location of the TAC??

Old 06-16-2009, 09:19 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Location of the TAC??

I bought a DBW Caddy throttle assembly off eBay and a throttle body (TB) from NHRA_Crazy, here on LS1Tech. I need a Throttle Actuator Control module, part number 12578953, but can't find one in the For Sale section here or on ebay.

Couple of questions -
Do I need an 2002 TAC to match the TB or will other year's work?
Are all '02 TAC's the same - can I get one from a Z28, Caddy, or must it be from a 'Vette?
Where is it located on the car? I have no problem going to the salvage yards, but have no idea where to to find it.

Thanks,
Mercedes Mike
Old 06-16-2009, 10:13 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mramay
I bought a DBW Caddy throttle assembly off eBay and a throttle body (TB) from NHRA_Crazy, here on LS1Tech. I need a Throttle Actuator Control module, part number 12578953, but can't find one in the For Sale section here or on ebay.

Couple of questions -
Do I need an 2002 TAC to match the TB or will other year's work?
Are all '02 TAC's the same - can I get one from a Z28, Caddy, or must it be from a 'Vette?
Where is it located on the car? I have no problem going to the salvage yards, but have no idea where to to find it.

Thanks,
Mercedes Mike
On the SUVs and trucks, it is located on the firewall right in front of the driver and next to the brake booster. It is a black box about 5"X5" and a little more than an inch thick.

A service manager at the local GM dealer who's always helpful with my LSx projects told me that the PCM, TAC and throttle pedal should all be the same year, and if you can, all off the same vehicle.

I sold my TAC, PCM and throttle pedal that were from different years and cars and found a junkyard that had all three from the same Suburban.

I found the junkyard on car-parts.com by typing in the year and model of my engine/harness then searching for 'computer engine' from the pull-down menu. I figured if they had the PCM, there was a good chance they also had the TAC and the pedal. A couple of calls got me everyting I needed for $90 to my door ("Carguts" was the yard out of Tenn) They even threw in the harness from the TAC to the pedal.

Good luck with your project

Phil

Search this Thread