Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help with Exhaust Flange. . .

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 10:31 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Need help with Exhaust Flange. . .

Hello, I am currently going thru fitting an LS2 into my 65 Vert. I am using 2003 C5 exhaust manifolds. Does anyone know of a source where I can buy the 3 holed flange that would bolt the Exhaust tubes to the Manifold? Seems like the C5 manifolds have an odd shaped collector flange that none of the typical parts stores carry.

Thanks for your help,

Matt
Old 06-17-2009, 09:47 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A few months ago I was looking for those flanges and had trouble finding people that had them. Perhaps try Stainless Works - I think they might have had something, but it was expensive.

Here is what I would do: Go on eBay and find someone selling a set of the early vette exhaust manifolds - they are made of steel instead of cast iron. Cut the flanges off the steel manifolds and put on a standard 3-hold flange. I know for sure that 1997-98 vetes used the steel manifolds, and I think some of the later ones did as well.

-Dave

Originally Posted by mmaliszewski
Hello, I am currently going thru fitting an LS2 into my 65 Vert. I am using 2003 C5 exhaust manifolds. Does anyone know of a source where I can buy the 3 holed flange that would bolt the Exhaust tubes to the Manifold? Seems like the C5 manifolds have an odd shaped collector flange that none of the typical parts stores carry.

Thanks for your help,

Matt
Old 06-17-2009, 11:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are they the same as the trucks use? If so I have a pair. PM me if you want them.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I made my own out of 3/8" steel
bob

Quick Reply: Need help with Exhaust Flange. . .