Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pcm question

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 10:34 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default pcm question

ok i have been searching and reading and found nothing concrete yet. i have a 2003 lq4, with its harness and ecm. i want to run it as drive by cable. can i just delete something in the ecm with efilive/hptuners? i need to get one of the tuning suites, just haven't pulled the trigger yet. but i need to know if i can keep this harness and ecm first. its going into my 91 formula. also putting a t56 behind it, any tips on keepine the reverse lockout functional and how to get the vss wired up? does the vss output the same signal in a 2001 t56 from a camaro that the ecm off a 2003 truck will recognize it? thanks,
Old 06-18-2009, 01:08 PM
Launching!

Send your PCM off to Jesse Bubb at www.wait4meperformance.com. Write a letter / email to them as to what you want done and what you want to achieve. Much cheaper than buying your own tuning software, and he's done a jillion re-flashes for almost any engine/parts/swap.

Our swap was an LS1 & T56 into a BMW E30 chassis. The re-flash we got from him worked flawlessly with no problems, and was quick and cheap at $75.00
Old 06-18-2009, 02:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You should be able to convert the harness and ECM to standalone and also intergrade with your 91 F-body.. if you don't find what you want here at this site.. check out Hawks and F-Body.org for there thread on 3rd gen F-body conversions. All have great information and just about the same info anyway as Conversion are very common now a days.

The VSS Signal is the same, The PCM is just programmed to the number of pulse per mile (Tire dia, gear ratio are taken into account when programing the pulse per mile) Jesse can handle if you tell him the Gear Ratio and Tire size.

If you are going to a T56 from a A4, then you will have re-pinning to do to, but not too much.

DBW to Cable, again calls for some changes in the harness and plugs to convert, Search out the DBW threads and talk to either Jesse at Wait4meperformance or John at Speartech.
Old 06-19-2009, 12:40 PM
On The Tree

well as a part of this whole project i kinda wanted to do all the tuning myself anyway, so i guess i was thinking it would be a waste of money to send in my ecm and then buy software too. although i guess 75 isn't too bad really, i thought it would be 150-200. if i just remove the wiring for the auto trans and for the dbw stuff, will it be ok? i can just kinda splice in a pigtail for the tps, and worry about the reverse lockout later, can't i? i was gonna delete the skip shift anyway in the tune, so i guess the deal is can i get it to run by simply deleting that stuff, or do i really have to reflash it to a different os in the ecm?
Old 06-19-2009, 01:52 PM
sawzall wielding director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Your PCM probably does not have the IAC drivers. If you search the PCM secion of LS1Tech theres a thread about it and it lists the service #`s for the ones that do and do not have the drivers.

Quick Reply: pcm question