Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DIY S14 Motor mounts?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 08:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default DIY S14 Motor mounts?

Hey, Ive been searching around for some diagrams of motor mounts. I am a fabricator on a budget.

That means I can make stuff and dont have alot of cash to buy it premade. I have access to a CNC, I can weld and own a nice Millermatic 180. Got a ThermalDyn Cutmaster 39 plamsma cutter as well as the obligatory assortment of professional hand tools and air tools. More or less Im equipped to make just about anything I need except for stainless headers and welded aluminum parts as I dont have a TIG.

More or less I have a few LM7 5.3l hanging around and I also came up on a super clean 96 240 notch. I understand there are kits to swap an LS in but I bet I can build most of the stuff for a fraction of what it would cost to buy it. Im willing to forgo convenience for affordability and put in a few hours of fab time to do it.

Now I have seen a few drawings of motor mounts but they were low res and I couldnt read the dimensions.

I already know how much to cut on the subframe, I have to swap to a front sump pan as well as the other biggies to get it mounted.

I dont have dimensions for either CNC'ing a set of mounts or welding a set up. Hoping a link could be provided.

Also I want to run a TKO 500 instead of a T56. A 6spd is all well and good but 6th gear is worthless so Id rather go with a beefy 5 spd and save a few bucks.

Is there any probs with going this route? I wouldnt think there would be but maybe there is some tricky differences between the two.

Either way hopefully someone could link me a set of technical drawing for the mounts and maybe even a trans mount but I can make do without that.

Hope someone can help, thanks
Old 06-28-2009, 09:40 PM
10 Second Club

http://silviav8forums.com/forum/index.php lot of good info on 240 v8 conversions
Old 06-28-2009, 11:54 PM
TECH Resident

For what its worth, my TKO600 seems to fit well enough in my Z31's tunnel, but its not mounted, just hanging from the engine on the hoist. I have an '88 NA and am pretty sure that it uses the same 5 speed as the 240sx.