Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l80e surging

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 08:45 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4l80e surging

When I am at low rpms crusing through the heighborhood by my house the tranny actslike it is trying to shift in between second and third but can't decide which to go into. If i throttle it up a little it goes in solid and accelerates. As long as I am above 2200 or so it is fine. What is the problem and how do I fix it. Any help is appreciated.
Old 07-02-2009, 08:14 PM
On The Tree

I really need some help on this I am supposed to go wheeling this weekend and would hate to have this crappy problem while off roading.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:05 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by cdwood388
I really need some help on this I am supposed to go wheeling this weekend and would hate to have this crappy problem while off roading.
What ECU is controlling 4L80E?
Old 07-03-2009, 12:18 AM
On The Tree

the ecu that was in the 2006 pickup that i got the 6.0 and the 4l80e out of. I never took the engine and trans apart.
Old 07-03-2009, 12:22 AM
On The Tree

Sounds like the lockup coming in and out/engaging and disengaging..... What do you know about the condition of the trans and converter? The solenoid for lockup goes out at high mileage too....
Old 07-03-2009, 04:08 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by cdwood388
When I am at low rpms crusing through the heighborhood by my house the tranny actslike it is trying to shift in between second and third but can't decide which to go into. If i throttle it up a little it goes in solid and accelerates. As long as I am above 2200 or so it is fine. What is the problem and how do I fix it. Any help is appreciated.
Before we get too far ahead and believe me I am not trying to insult you but you have to double check the large connector on the side of the transmission.
This connection provide the power, speed and lockup basically everthing.

I had this problem with mine, it was bucking but only once in a while. The problem was the ECU was receiving a speed signal only up to 30mph then it stayed at 30, so the ECU thinks the car is going 30 all the time but your TPS is saying more Throttle. I had it on jack stands and thought the speed sensor in the trans was bad, but when I took the connector back off I realized it was not put on and the lock not not fully tighted down to hold it in place. This fixed the problem for me.

I would start here, the simple things.

Remember its not the programming in the ECU that didn't change

If this isnt it, then my next question is did you change the ring and pinion ratio different from what the Truck had. If yes now you will have to go into the programming with HP Tuners and fix it. The problem will mostlily be the MPH not inline with TPS cause it to not have the hystereses it once had between gears.

JW
Old 07-05-2009, 06:02 PM
On The Tree

okay, I will check the connector as far as the Gears and stuff go I did change them. I had speartech set up my computer for the tire size and gear ratio. It only does it when it is trying to go from second to third. If i hold it in second it is fine or if I am in drive and stuff stay hard on the throttle. It only happens when I am just easing on it around town or soemthing like that.

Quick Reply: 4l80e surging