Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need help with wiring 04 gto harness

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 09:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with wiring 04 gto harness

I'm doing a swap LS1 out of a 04 GTO going into a 67 Camaro. Using the stock harness, need to know what wires are used for the ECM. Here is a pic of a plug from the harness. I think I need the orange wires to always hot and the pink wire to ignition hot. Is this all I need to make it start. The ECU has been reprogrammed, and also what wires to wire an OBD II connector. Any info would be appreciated. thanks, Frank
Attached Thumbnails need help with wiring 04 gto harness-dscf3836.jpg  
Old 07-03-2009, 11:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The two orange ones... one is hot at all times the other is hot w/ ignition... I figured out which is which my listening for the fuel pump relay to come on. IIRC the wire for the relay is also on that connector. The pink goes for the heater for the o2 sensors. The yellow wire is the one for the ALDL connector.

There's an 8 pin connector near the intake, two of those wires require power, one is for the injectors and the other is for the coils. There is also a ground in there... sorry I don't know the colors off hand, I actually just got back from the garage re-wiring my '04 GTO package, I got it started Sunday for the first time.

Also on the connector pictured will have the VSS and Tach signal wires. Do you have the GTO pin-outs?
Old 07-04-2009, 10:27 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The plug in the pic is inside the car. The rest of the engine harness is stock out of the gto. The plug in the pic. I assume is where i have toput the power to. I used a aftermarket fuel pump. so there is no relay to hear come on. what is the aldl connector. and no i don't have the pin-outs.