Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 into a 94 LT1 camaro...

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 05:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS1 into a 94 LT1 camaro...

ok so i got it to run finally after struggling with the wiring, now the new problem, i start it and it runs fine... but will NOT cut off with the key, i take it out and it keeps running. usually i disconnect the battery and it cuts the car off, well the 3rd time i let it sit and run to heat it up and put coolant in it i went to cut it off by the key and nothing car still ran (I expected it but was hoping it would work this time) well i go to disconnecct the battery and nothing, it ran without the battery unlike every other time i started it up! SO i had to start ripping wires off and it finally turned off once i found the alt wire ... what do you guys think it is??? also it wouldnt trigger the fuel pump so i had to use the jumper to turn it on, i disconnected that and it still ran and kept the pump running this time! wtf? does anyone have a diagram of how the battery, starter, and alt wires are supposed to go? i assumed it was just like every other SBC i ever messes with so i wired it like that and its all effed up.
Old 07-14-2009, 08:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont have an lt1 but I would check your ignition wires, it sounds like you have one crossed. As far as it running with battery disconnected some motors will usually run off the alt for a period of time.