Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

repinning PCM hard???

Old 07-13-2009, 01:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default repinning PCM hard???

Guys I am an LT1 guy that is putting a LS1 PCM on the car.

The question I have is it hard to repin a PCM? How do the wires pull out of my PCM and what keeps them connected in the new PCM?? I shouldn't have to lengthen anything this way. And the only thing I will have to add is possibly a second knock module and 8 coils.

I don't think it will be a hard job just a little time consuming.
I already have the pinouts for both PCM's and I think I will just pull my current PCM with harness and just swap PCMs and repin on my bench. I think thats the best/easiest way to do it?
Old 07-13-2009, 02:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You will need a specific tool to remove the pins from the connector, as they are retained in the connector by a bent tab. Some of the various vendors that specialize in wire harness parts will have the tools you need.
Old 07-13-2009, 03:10 PM
11 Second Club

Received 58 Likes on 51 Posts

You won't need them special tools for the PCM Pins.. those come apart easily. Just take the plastic pieces off off the ends of the PCM connectors and you can pop them out one by one.

As far as the other connectors on the Car, those you will need the special tools for.
Old 07-13-2009, 03:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Go to EFI Connection. They sell a kit to use the LS1 pcm. You will also have to have a crank sensor and a cam sensor also.

http://www.eficonnection.com/24x/24x_Hardware.htm
Old 07-13-2009, 05:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Talked to speartech today and they just use either a flat head screwdriver or a needle to repin the PCM. Sounds simple enough since I have the pins for both PCM's.

EFI connection is who I am buying the kit through, but instead of paying $850 for a harness I can spend about 3 hours repinning my own harness (already deleted stuff I don't need) and I use my TCI box to controll my 4L80E tranny.

On a side note LS1MCSS I just realized you were from Arkansas (I live in Paragould), sounds like a sick combo you have.

Merv you back in the states yet?
Old 07-13-2009, 06:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You will just be removng wires, then. After you remove the red and blue plastic pieces, you can push the pins out the front by cutting the wire about two inches back from the connector. Always cut it a couple of inches back in case you have to re-use the pin for some reason.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:46 PM
11 Second Club

Received 58 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by T/A KID
Merv you back in the states yet?
Ya I've been back for a while..I messaged you a couple of months ago..you must not have gotten it..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: repinning PCM hard???