Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carb to EFI

Old 07-13-2009, 01:35 PM
Launching!

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Carb to EFI

Hey Guys,
Just picked up a 69 Goat convertible that I'm dropping either an LQ4 or LQ9 into. My only question is regarding the fuel setup. what's the cheapest, easiest way to get the current fuel tank, set up for a carb obviously, to run EFI? Just a walbro external pump? And just how noisy are they? How difficult is it to convert my current fuel tank to an EFI tank? And what type internal fuel pump would i need to use?

thanks
Jim
Old 07-13-2009, 03:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

There are companies that make an EFI tank for your car, but they aren't cheap. Probably the easiest way would be an inline pump. If you get a Weldon 600A, they are pretty quiet. You will need a regulator. The cheapest and easiest is the Vette filter/regulator. You would need to put a sump on your tank, but that's easy and cheap.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ortry to find a tank from a efi vehicle that will fit in the space your tank is now, try to use from 3rd gen tpi fbody, gm truck, or gm pass. car from 90's with walbro intank
Old 07-15-2009, 07:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Vette Filter/Reg with AN fittings already installed for sale. I went with a FAST EFI set up on my car and I need a 43 psi fuel set up to make it work properly so I am going to have to make a change. My set up has 10 minutes of idle time and maybe 10 miles on it. It has 6AN inlet and outlet fittings and a 3/8" hose barb for the return to the tank. I paid $48 for the filter/reg and I have about $25 in fittings and I will take $45 plus shipping for everything. This set up is on my 67 Firebird and worked great for an ls1 but my FAST was not a fan!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Carb to EFI