Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Project parts !

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 06:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default New Project parts !

Look what I just picked up for $1,750.00 ! 71k on it 2002 Z28 w/A4 still running. frame is pertty straight...

So.. what should I do with it !? LOL

most likely the Nova.. but there is always the 88 Vette, 48 Ford Truck, 79 Rx7, or even my Van..!???

Anyone need body parts !?? figured for $1,750.00 I could make that back in no time and still be ahead with the Engine/Trans/Brakes, etc..

what do you guys think !

Last edited by bczee; 07-15-2009 at 08:41 AM.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Holy mackerel man!! NICE theft! Err, I mean nice find!!!

Don't know which vehicle you should swap into... The truck would be way cool, the RX-7 would give you brutal power-to-weight...
Old 07-14-2009, 10:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Yeah. He was a nice kid and well.. a little slow.. but I never tried to low ball him, I never made a offer to him.. i had been talking to him for a few days and stalling.. a few people were looking at the car, but I think they all wanted a drivable one.

He pertty much did the low balling himself.. He was asking $2,500 (which I almost jumpe at it anyway). Then on the phone yesterday, he said maybe $2k. I kicked and looked around, stalled some more and I finally asked him what he wanted for it.. he said $1750 (I tried to act really clam) and I looked at the car again and a minute or two passed and I finally said I would take it for $1750..
I did feel a little bad for him.. as he paid $20k 5 years ago for it. and like I said.. he seemed like a good kid..

But Ya got to do what you got to do !
Old 07-14-2009, 10:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow....hell of a find
Old 07-15-2009, 01:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Yeah...

I guess I'll have to start researching the 3rd gen Nova Conversions... (same as 1st gen Camaro's).. I'll have to figure out how to drop the engine / trans out 1st..

I figure I'd use the engine / trans / wiring / PCM / Brakes (use BRP mounts kits for the rotors and calipers). Any suggestion ?

Not sure what else to use.. or what I can start to sell off... but if any one needs anything from what I don't want.. it will be any reasonable offer will not be refused. The seats, console and other stuff inside seem good, no rips.

I might be able to put the radio in the Vette.
Old 07-15-2009, 01:36 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by V8Rumble
Holy mackerel man!! NICE theft! Err, I mean nice find!!!
hahaha!!!
Old 07-15-2009, 10:43 AM
TECH Resident

Man how do you sleep at night?
Old 07-15-2009, 10:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bczee
Yeah. He was a nice kid and well.. a little slow.. but I never tried to low ball him, I never made a offer to him.. i had been talking to him for a few days and stalling.. a few people were looking at the car, but I think they all wanted a drivable one.

He pertty much did the low balling himself.. He was asking $2,500 (which I almost jumpe at it anyway). Then on the phone yesterday, he said maybe $2k. I kicked and looked around, stalled some more and I finally asked him what he wanted for it.. he said $1750 (I tried to act really clam) and I looked at the car again and a minute or two passed and I finally said I would take it for $1750..
I did feel a little bad for him.. as he paid $20k 5 years ago for it. and like I said.. he seemed like a good kid..

But Ya got to do what you got to do !

Like I learned in sales school, he who speaks first, LOSES! Good find!
Old 07-15-2009, 11:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

I sleep very well and go to bed with a smile ! LOL

I seem to be in a $2k rut.. the last few cars I have picked up were all around the $2k price range..

This Z28.. $1,750.00
my 88 Vette, $2,000.00 (only took me $400 to get it registered and back on the road)
71 nova $2,100.00 (only had the original 28k on mileage)
05' PT Curiser (for my son, was a inside family deal with the ex-wifes uncle) $2,000.00

Seem to be a pertty good Avg price for my last few cars..
Old 07-15-2009, 11:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

my 88 Vette, $2,000.00 (only took me $400 to get it registered and back on the road)
71 nova $2,100.00 (only had the original 28k on mileage)
HOLY S**T!!

Smokin' deals! I've got a buddy looking for a good Nova. No deals like that surfacing though!
Old 07-15-2009, 03:16 PM
TECH Resident

Nice find! Does it have any mods or just stock? Call me crazy but I think I might vote C4 for the swap. I think it would make a fun autox/roadrace car. Although I do admit I like the looks of the Nova better.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

It is all stock.. Yeah.. I have been considering the Vette also. but i would have to deal with the smog and getting re-cert'd... but all of the parts are there to swap over. The Vette is my daily driver.. and I'd hate to have it laid up for the time it took to do it.. but I guess i have other cars to drive..

I do SCCA Autocrossing (A stock) and have been trying to stay in class, it is cheaper. The Nova is nice but the inline 6 is just no fun at the stop lights ! LOL.. if you know what I mean.. I could easy get better mileage with the LS1 that I do with the 6 ! The nova is just a Nova.. not a SS or even a V8 car.. only options on the Nova were Radio, Heater and power steering..! it is a little banged up from being in the parking lots at school from the 1st owner, But nothing a good body guy could fix up after the LS1 is dropped in.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:26 PM
TECH Addict

My vote is for the nova. I think it would be very fun with that motor in it. With the weight difference compared to the chevelle i think you will enjoy it more. Like you said, its not an ss or anything special. The corvette is cool, but IMO a waste for the ls1. Plus emissions could cause some problems with inspection. Nova ftw!
Old 07-15-2009, 05:43 PM
TECH Resident

It is all stock.. Yeah.. I have been considering the Vette also. but i would have to deal with the smog and getting re-cert'd... but all of the parts are there to swap over. The Vette is my daily driver.. and I'd hate to have it laid up for the time it took to do it.. but I guess i have other cars to drive..

I do SCCA Autocrossing (A stock) and have been trying to stay in class, it is cheaper. The Nova is nice but the inline 6 is just no fun at the stop lights ! LOL.. if you know what I mean.. I could easy get better mileage with the LS1 that I do with the 6 ! The nova is just a Nova.. not a SS or even a V8 car.. only options on the Nova were Radio, Heater and power steering..! it is a little banged up from being in the parking lots at school from the 1st owner, But nothing a good body guy could fix up after the LS1 is dropped in.
I didn't even consider the issue of bringing it up to spec for emissions. Darn you California! haha In light of that I agree the Nova is really the best candidate in the stable. Either way I know you will turn out a great car!
Old 07-15-2009, 06:15 PM
Launching!

dammm great deal. I would say for the nova(My Nova) Just picked up a rolling body for $500 (1971)

keep us posted.
Old 07-15-2009, 07:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

71'.. great find. .maybe you and me can start the projects together. mine is also a 71'! .. Like me and Stealth71 did for the Chevelles.. but of course.. i got mine done before he did.. (I am always ragging on him about that...LOL just a little good fun, but he did a great job!).

I will have to spend some time figuring out and researching what my plan will be and what to use. What adapters (or make my own again or a kit), headers and oil pan !? I really don't like the idea of the LH8 pan. .hangs too low.. might have to spend a little extra for a aftermarket one.

I know BRP has adpater for the brakes.. so I might use there for the brakes.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:09 PM
TECH Addict

I think that the second gen camaro subframe is close to the nova subframe. If thats the case then alot of the second gen camaro swap parts would work. I know the headers from a nova worked on a camaro with a sbc. I had them on my old motor. They are both front steer setups.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

The 3rd gen Nova (X body) is the same as the 1st Gen F-Body..and rear steer. So the 2nd gen sub Frame should be a bit wider and are not normally use in 1st gen f-body or 3rd gen X-body..Unless I have not seen any conversion of the sub frame. ??

Most 4the gen F-body headers are simular.. and can work on many Muscel Car year's of the 60's and 70's, Nova, Chevelle, etc.. Many have taken the correct year BBC heard, cut the flange off and used the LS1 Flange with some minor mod'in.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:57 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 194 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by Cam72aro
I think that the second gen camaro subframe is close to the nova subframe. If thats the case then alot of the second gen camaro swap parts would work. I know the headers from a nova worked on a camaro with a sbc. I had them on my old motor. They are both front steer setups.
68 to 74 Novas are rear steer, like first gen Camaros. A second gen Camaro subframe can be made to fit, but really isn't worth the work now that there are kits designed to mount an LS1 into the original subframe.

But anyway, my vote is probably biased. Do the Nova!
Old 07-16-2009, 12:07 AM
TECH Addict

Hmmm, dont know what I was thinking.