Sponsored by:

Wiring Job on my '07 LS2

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 05:19 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Post Wiring Job/Write up on my '72 Camaro with '06 LS2 engine

Dear all,

Two weeks ago I started modifying my stock engine wiring harness.
I started this job by asking some help on this forum in identifying some connectors https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...onncetors.html
Now I have some new questions and I am starting this write up to help others as well.

Here are my Specs:
- '06 Corvette LS2 with stock 'manual' wiring harness + E38 PCM
- '05 Corvette 4L60e with stock harness + TCU (and GTO belhousing & tail)
- BRP engine mounts and transmission crossmember
- BRP Longtube headers and cadilac CTS oil pan

Since my car is a '72 camaro I don't have to worry about any modern emission regulation, so no EVAP and no rear O2 sensors.
I also removed the AC. I did add some sensors for my autometer gauges. Later on more about that, now some wiring...

First Step:
I plugged in all connectors on the engine and routed the harness to the spot I wanted to enter the car. Which is right below the rear passanger side head, in the transmission tunnel.

Second Step:
I took some hours of unwrapping all the wires by removing all tubbing and tape. Sticky job, but very revealing and helpfull understanding all the wire routing.

Third Step:
I removed the engine from the car and put a table behind it, so I could work a bit easier on the harness.

Fourth Step
After some good adivise on this forum and with the kind help of member CalEditor - A.J. who send me this Word file http://kandycamaro.louispeperzak.nl/...6_LS2_Vett.doc
and I used these files on LS2.com http://www.ls2.com/boggs/c6/Fuseblockc1c2c3.htm
and http://www.ls2.com/forums/showthread...hreadid=405808

With those documents printed, I started identifying the conncectors and wires.

Fifth Step:
I began labeling and referencing all wire I knew. What a hell of a job... pfff very time consuming and confusing. I learned a lot of new termology, like TFT is not a screen, but Transmission Fuild Temperature.
Every label is refering to the connector and pin it is from and it's function.
Then I started cutting some wires and connectors off, which I am positive I won't need, I think...

Sixth Step
I setup an Exel sheet and put in all wires I knew.
The file is organised in Description, Wire Color, Connected to, Pin, What to do with it. Xls Version-001 http://kandycamaro.louispeperzak.nl/...ions_V-001.xls
(I will also put down this file in writing in this thread also, later on this week)

Now I know many of the wires, but I still don't know what to do with it...
- And I have a lot of new questions; like what is Low Reference? and what is it used for and why I have so many?
- Or what is 5-volt reference is used for? what to do with those?
- Or; I only found one Fan wire, I have to cooling fans, How to get two speeds out of the compter and what wires to use?
- I have pink wires comming from the engine side, which all need some ignition power and should e fused, but what to do with the pink wires from the PCM? hook them to the ignition wire also?

I removed some and assigned some, but I need more info. I will post a list on what I will remove on wires and what I will have be removed on programming.

And I started unwraping my 4L60e harness, but I haven't found any connector/ pin file on that one...

I will update this thread as soon as I get a step further, till then I can use all the help I can get.

Thanks Guys!

Peter

Last edited by pjtimmer; 04-22-2009 at 12:04 PM.
Old 07-16-2009, 08:26 PM
Teching In

thanks for doing this , do you think this is the same for a 03 5.3 ? i am puting one in my 56 gmc truck and i just cant get myself to pay $700. for a wire harness anything that you can tell me to help this work would be great, you know i am just thinking of using the whole harness just to make it easy i meen what would you need just use all 4 o2 sensers the stock colume to get past the vats , etc what do you think ?
Old 07-16-2009, 09:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by my57120&56gmc
thanks for doing this , do you think this is the same for a 03 5.3 ? i am puting one in my 56 gmc truck and i just cant get myself to pay $700. for a wire harness anything that you can tell me to help this work would be great, you know i am just thinking of using the whole harness just to make it easy i meen what would you need just use all 4 o2 sensers the stock colume to get past the vats , etc what do you think ?
Sign up on AllDataDIY. You can print all of the engine schematics for your engine. With those, you can mod your harness and save several hundred dollars. AllDataDIY will cost around $25 for one vehicle for one year.
Old 07-17-2009, 01:21 AM
Launching!

hee my57120&56gmc, I wish it was that easy... you also need all the underhood fuseboxes and probablly you need the BCM harness aswell...

AJ has helped me out a lot, but I haven't been able to do everything jet.

I am really busy right now at work and i am doing some house rebuidling at my girlfriends mother... so unfortunadly I don't have any time to work on the car.

as soon as I have an car update, i'll let you guys know.

peter

Quick Reply: Wiring Job on my '07 LS2