Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Couple of issues after swap...

Old 08-12-2009, 02:05 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Couple of issues after swap...

Finally finished swapping my engine out of my 01 camaro into my 96 camaro. Only issue of concern right now is a bit of stumble off idle occasionally.

Finished the car last friday. Cranked and ran no problem. No codes or anything the first few times it was driven. Went to the gas station monday night to top off my tank, drive away from the pump and the rpms drop to around 400 or 500, car stumbles for a couple of seconds while im lightly on the gas then smooths out. Drove fine the rest of the way home. Did it again last night after i drove into town. Crank it up, pull out out of my parking spot, put in forward and the same type of stumble. Drove fine the rest of the way home. So far it has only done this after being completely warm, turning it off, then it does it immediatly after being cranked.

The MAF is descreened but has been that way since i bought the car in March 2008. It is also a bit dirty since everything setup for a few months after the wreck. Got some MAF cleaner gonna use it when i get back home. Thought about pulling the IAC valve (if thats what its still called) and cleaning it and maybe changing the pcv valve since i cant remember if i have ever changed it. No ses light yet. Any other suggestions??
Old 08-12-2009, 02:22 PM
11 Second Club

Received 58 Likes on 51 Posts

Could be the IAC, the MAP Sensor may be dirty, mine did the same thing you are talking about when it was dirty.

Could also be the IAT Sensor.
Old 08-14-2009, 03:23 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cleaned the MAF and the IAC really good. Hopefully its fixed it hasn't done it since. Didn't think about the MAP. Probably seafoam the hell out it while im at it.

Search this Thread