Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ls1 Colorado

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 02:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ls1 Colorado

Hey fellas, new to joining but iv been searching the forums for months. I like the site, but down to business.

Iv got an 06 Single cab colorado. Its a auto I5 with the z85 suspension. Iv been looking in to after i get it payed off dropping a stock ls1 into it. Just wondering if anyone can offer any good tips to how the wireharness and computer install will be. ALso what about the colorados fuel system. Could the stock unit keep up with the ls1

As far as trans im keeping it auto, would love a 6 speed but it seems easier to leave it be, lol. But would it bee smarter to run a ls1 auto trans, iv heard you can swap the bellhousing and input shaft, but will the colorados trans hold up to the abuse? Just lookng for some pointers and advice to know before i plunge in, lol thanks guys

Also was thinking about maybe later turboing it, would a stock ls1 hold 6 to 8lbs of boost without any major issues?
Old 08-22-2009, 03:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome, and gl with your info gathering. This is a great place with great info. There are some truck forums that also highlight LSx swaps into your truck also. Some of the other guys may help out with that.

www.performancetruck.net may help

There is another one I can't think of off hand.

-SS
Old 08-22-2009, 04:57 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

There is a couple Colorado sites that have good info about V8 swaps.
This is one I like:
http://www.355nation.net/forum/engine-swaps/

Quick Reply: Ls1 Colorado