Sponsored by:

AC Wiring help....again

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 11:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default AC Wiring help....again

Hi,
I have been reading and researching for weeks here about how to wire up my Vintage Air kit with the PCM controlling the compressor. Everything I have researched show/talks about the trinary switch on the high pressure side. I have not come across how anyone wired up their 2000 LQ4 PCM with the vintage air kit. I assume that I have wasted my money today on the Doc's blocks crimp on -8 switch port and part number 22664328 [3 wire high pressure switch - apearantly only for LS1] from my Chevy dealer today. I have a real hard time understanding schematics with all the bits and pieces drawn between the wires, but I have been studying and studying and reading and reading. I now understand the 2000 LQ4 schematic [attached beolw - sorry, I don't know why AllData is printing the PDF with white text and black background] showing a 2 wire high pressure switch and a 2 wire low pressure cycling switch.

Questions please....
Can anyone tell me exactly how to wire a vitage air kit with a 2000 LQ4 PCM?
Is there anyway to still use the high pressure switch I bought today? If so, how do I wire it?
If I have to get the LQ4 high pressure switch, does anyone know the part number? What do I do about the low pressure cycling switch? Do I just substitute the 2000 LQ4 low pressure switch with the Vintage Air low pressure switch that is in the drier?

I could sure use some help from people who know.

Thanks

Rob
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
compressor%20diag.pdf (30.8 KB, 222 views)
Old 08-28-2009, 07:54 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

Try the guys over on:
http://www.trifive.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3
And/or on:
www.chevytalk.com
There are several on those sites, that have done the hookup.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the input chuck. I am having a hard time finding any lq4/ac info over at those two sites. I will keep trying.

Maybe someone can answer this, in the attached diagram above, when GM draws a switch with the circuit open, does that mean it is a "normally open" switch? Or is there any way to tell how a switch is being used in these diagrams ["normally open" or "normally closed"]?

I am still hoping someone who has used an LQ4 harness with an after market AC system can shed some light.

Rob

Quick Reply: AC Wiring help....again