Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heated O2 Questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 02:45 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heated O2 Questions

I am trying to make sure my O2 sensors are connected correctly. I am using 2002 rear corvette sensors for my front 2002 sensors. I want to be sure I have every thing connected correctly before going furhter.

Is there a diagram that shows which wires in the factory harness are what?
Also is there a diagram that shows which wires are what in the rear corvette O2 sensors?

I want to be sure I have them mated up correctly and the heaters and sensors are working correctly.

Thank for any help. The motor and harness I am using is from an 02 Camaro.

Last edited by Eddie 70; 09-06-2009 at 03:05 PM.
Old 09-06-2009, 07:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Pink = 12v +
Purple = Signal
Brown = Heater
Brown = Heater
Old 09-06-2009, 07:24 PM
Launching!

Looks like the new Bosch 13111 sensors are a little different to me.

On my wiring harness, it came from a camaro, has only slightly different colors in the plugs.

Passengers side plug.
A=Tan
B=Purple
C= Black
D=Pink

Driver side plug
A=Tan
B=Purlple/white
C=Black
D=Pink

A and B are sensor. C is ground and D is voltage. All good so far.

The Bosch 13111's are like this.
A=Grey
B=Black
C=White
D=White

Looks to me like the white wires are the sensor wires on the O2's. The black should be ground and the grey should be 12 volts.

If this is so, then plugging the 13111's into my harness is not going to make them work. Agree?

I can only get resistance through C&D and it is 3.6 ohms. I get A to read to ground.
Old 09-06-2009, 09:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Eddie 70
Looks like the new Bosch 13111 sensors are a little different to me.

On my wiring harness, it came from a camaro, has only slightly different colors in the plugs.

Passengers side plug.
A=Tan
B=Purple
C= Black
D=Pink

Driver side plug
A=Tan
B=Purlple/white
C=Black
D=Pink

A and B are sensor. C is ground and D is voltage. All good so far.

The Bosch 13111's are like this.
A=Grey
B=Black
C=White
D=White

Looks to me like the white wires are the sensor wires on the O2's. The black should be ground and the grey should be 12 volts.

If this is so, then plugging the 13111's into my harness is not going to make them work. Agree?

I can only get resistance through C&D and it is 3.6 ohms. I get A to read to ground.
sorry posted older O2 info...A should go thru the heater coil, you should show some resistance thru it to ground...I dont have a schematic of the 13111 sensors so I cant comment on what wires go where...however I used them on an 01 Camaro I had and they worked fine using the Camaro sensor connections
Old 09-06-2009, 09:28 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by oange ss
sorry posted older O2 info...A should go thru the heater coil, you should show some resistance thru it to ground...I dont have a schematic of the 13111 sensors so I cant comment on what wires go where...however I used them on an 01 Camaro I had and they worked fine using the Camaro sensor connections
I finally compared them to an old O2 sensor we had lying around and found nearly the same readings except for the heater resistance. 3.6 ohms vs. 4.7 ohms.

I did go ahead and turn the key on and looked at them with HP Tuners and they were running about the same voltages. I let them heat up for a few minutes and then slid under the car and felt of them. You could feel the heat being built in the O2 bung so I know at least they are heating.

Lets hope they help me when it comes to tuning. Still have to have another bung welded in for the WB.

Quick Reply: Heated O2 Questions