Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carbed built SBC into F-body

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 01:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carbed built SBC into F-body

Hey guys, have any of you put a carbed small-block chevy or bigger into a f-body trans am or camaro? I'm have a roller and I am going to put a built small-block chevy into the car. How does everything hook up like the wiring, mounting of engine, etc? HOpe someone can help. Thanks.
Old 09-20-2009, 01:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

You can put gen 1 sbc's and bbc's into a 4th gen but the motor mounting points transmission mounts won't work. You can goto a company like BMR or UMI, they sell K members setup for mounting gen 1 motors into a f body. Your wiper cowl might be in trouble too if you plan on using a single plane intake, or a air cleaner. It done quite often by people that are going to use the car for racing because its easy with a motor plate instead of mounts and they arent worried about the cowl anyway.
Old 09-20-2009, 01:19 PM
Teching In

Well I might use it at the drag strip every now and then so I could use a different cowl hood for the car. I don't mind buying different mounts also if I can get it to work. But my other question is I won't have a computer anymore so is there another wiring harness or something I will need to install to get everything to work in the car? How well does a BBC fit into the car? Thanks.
Old 09-20-2009, 01:52 PM
Sawzall and Welder Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

When he's speakng of the wiper cowl interference, he means that the carb sits under the cowl area beneath the windshield. You may or may not need a cowl hood, but cutting of the sheetmetal above the carb may be needed depending on what intake and carb you run.
Old 09-20-2009, 02:03 PM
Teching In

Yeah understood, sorry misread that a little bit. I will note that, still need to know about wiring and such. Thanks.
Old 09-20-2009, 03:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

it has been done may times, they are usually located in th SBC/BBC area of this forum, and thers quite abit of guideline info

Quick Reply: Carbed built SBC into F-body