Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

scrapping factory harness so I need advice.

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 12:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default scrapping factory harness so I need advice.

Ok well im going carb. So I won't be needing any of the underdah wiring In my impala. So I would like to install a premade muti circuit harness. But I have a few questions. Like on my head and tail lights. How many circuits would that take up? Also I am interested in buying the circuit boss harness from painless. I will be running the head/tail lights, ignition, driverside window, electric fuel pump, stock fbody fans, an oil cooler. Or is there a better harness out there? I don't know crap about wiring and harnesses so bear with me. Thanks.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

So your intent is to re wire the whole car ? is there anything wrong with the current body and under dash harness ?

Why not just leave it as is and just intergrade what is needed with a standalone engine harness ? You don't need to rewire a whole car just because you swap in a different engine !

But if that is what you want, it can be done... Contact Painless and talk to there tech on how many circuits are needed.
Old 09-27-2009, 12:01 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

www.ezwiring.com
Old 09-27-2009, 12:11 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by bczee
So your intent is to re wire the whole car ? is there anything wrong with the current body and under dash harness ?

Why not just leave it as is and just intergrade what is needed with a standalone engine harness ? You don't need to rewire a whole car just because you swap in a different engine !
I agree. Just look at the wiring and carefully think about and plan what you do need and what you don't need. You already have a fusebox and everything that are perfectly good, just need to spend some time figuring out what to do. It'll save money and run just as good as a "standalone" wiring harness for the car.
Old 09-27-2009, 03:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I want to ditch it because there's wayyy too much wires down there. And if I put lets say a painless harness. It will be easier to detech a problem. It will be cleaner and lighter.
Old 09-28-2009, 04:48 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 383lt1impala
I want to ditch it because there's wayyy too much wires down there. And if I put lets say a painless harness. It will be easier to detech a problem. It will be cleaner and lighter.
Whats stopping you from trimming/gutting your stock harness/fusebox of things you don't need? You don't need to buy anything...

Quick Reply: scrapping factory harness so I need advice.