Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help me wire my 5.3, jeep wrangler

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 07:50 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help me wire my 5.3, jeep wrangler

hi guys im in the middle of figuring out where all the wires go,i have a blue /green wiring harness with a dbw setup, i dont know how to power my ecm? what color is the wire that will power up my ecm? also what color are the wires for the fuel pump cant seem to find those either?

any input is welcomed
Old 10-19-2009, 12:09 AM
sawzall wielding director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Depends on what year wiring, and PCM you are using. Have you checked out the FAQ sticky post 13? There should be links in there to what your looking for.
Old 10-19-2009, 07:11 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey,

I'm just finishing up a 6.0 liter swap (from a 2007 Silverado 2500) into my YJ. I was where you are a few months ago (hey--I'm slow!) and it seemed like every truck PCM pin-out I looked at was different.

You should really check out AllDataDIY.com. You can pay 20 bucks and get some reliable information on your donor vehicle's wiring. It was pretty much indispensable for my swap. For the $20 you have access for a year, but you can print out anything you want and have that forever.

Another thing that made my swap much easier was having the donor truck's full wiring harness and under-hood fuse box. Using the under-hood fuse box there are literally only about four wires you need to hook up to get it to run. It takes care of cycling your fuel pump and offers a handy place to hook things up too.

Lots of good info on here...check the stickies/Search. LS1Truck.com has some good stuff too. And there's lots of good Jeep-specific LSx swap information on the Pirate 4x4 board as well.

Good luck,
Jake

Quick Reply: help me wire my 5.3, jeep wrangler