Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

06 gto ls2, A4- 1969 camaro

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 06:53 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 gto ls2, A4- 1969 camaro

longtime reader , first time poster. i have a line on a low mile gto powertrain, i have to act fast if i want it, how many extra issues would there be to transplant this into my car. i know the prefered would be a 02 f-body engine- trans. until now i wasnt even considering a gto donor , so i am not aware of the differences. thanks, vince
Old 10-19-2009, 02:04 PM
On The Tree

The December 2009 issue of Chevy high performance has the best article yet about decoding LSX engines. It shows each one and gives details of HP, cams, Etc. It also tells what vehicles these engines are installed in. It is great!
Old 10-19-2009, 02:45 PM
Staging Lane

Pretty much identical except for the computer, DBW TB/pedal and shifter. If you get the GTO be sure to have them include the body control module BCM. The BCM contains the AC request signals and the PCM contains the sensor and relay controls (fans and compressor).
Old 10-19-2009, 08:45 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by vince o
longtime reader , first time poster. i have a line on a low mile gto powertrain, i have to act fast if i want it, how many extra issues would there be to transplant this into my car. i know the prefered would be a 02 f-body engine- trans. until now i wasnt even considering a gto donor , so i am not aware of the differences. thanks, vince
If the price right get it,extra issues none really.DBW you will need the gas pedal and all connector's.Just getet all the wiring + pcm/bcm from the goatif you can.
Old 10-20-2009, 03:01 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by vince o
In addition to other posters you will need to change the pan. GTO uses a front sump, F bodies rear sump. Stickies up front cover the pan options well.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:51 AM
Teching In

thanks for the replys, all parts mentioned are included. owner wants $6k, i know its only worth what someone will pay. it seems like a reasonable price, what do you people think? vince
Old 10-21-2009, 08:03 AM
TECH Resident

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Price

Just a little on the high side, The 2006 LS2 is desirable but the A4 brings the price down compared to a 2006 LS2 & T56 They are on Ebay for between 4K and 5K all day long, a couple deciding factors are freight charges and mileage on the unit and how complete is it with all of the swap components, and warranty, along with the year model, but as in my case warranty didnt matter as my project is going on 1.5 years and I have only driven around the block a couple of times, from what I have seen on here people are taking between 1 month to 5 years to finish a swap depending on skill level, money and time. Good Luck

Quick Reply: 06 gto ls2, A4- 1969 camaro