Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Specific V6 to V8 (LSX/LQX) questions.

Old 10-21-2009, 03:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Default Specific V6 to V8 (LSX/LQX) questions.

Okay I'm going to cut to the chase.

#1 I heard LS1 Fuel Rails do not have a return line where as my 2002 V6 does. I was told I would need a Corvette Fuel Rail or to modify my tank. Is this true? Do all C5's have the return line?

#2 I was wondering if I would need to swap the fuel lines all the way from the tank to the motor?

#3 I badly want to keep my V6 cluster (125 MPH Speedo is so decieving) - Is there any possible way I can do this?

-----
Old 10-21-2009, 10:32 AM
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Need4Camaro
Okay I'm going to cut to the chase.

#1 I heard LS1 Fuel Rails do not have a return line where as my 2002 V6 does. I was told I would need a Corvette Fuel Rail or to modify my tank. Is this true? Do all C5's have the return line?

#2 I was wondering if I would need to swap the fuel lines all the way from the tank to the motor?

#3 I badly want to keep my V6 cluster (125 MPH Speedo is so decieving) - Is there any possible way I can do this?

-----
Certain year (possibly all) F-Bodies use return style fuel rails. Corvettes don't use return lines on the engine and make the return at the filter.

In theory - no. You may have to change the placement in the engine bay but not the entire line.

That can be done along with the tach. The car is GM so the speedo will work with the signal from the PCM. The tach may need a module to make the proper match between the old engine vs new engine's crank signal. Dakota Digital makes this item and it is about $80.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:27 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

#1 97-98 Corvettes had a return line all the way to the motor. Newer vettes only have the feed line at the rail. You were probly told to use those rails as it would be an easy way to hook up to your existing fuel lines in the engine compartment. Professional Products makes a fuel rail kit that includes all the fittings and fuel pressure regulator to go to your existing lines. Also you could purchase an after market fuel rail kit and plumb it to your existing fuel lines. Russel and aeromotive make quik connect fittings that plug into GM fuel lines.

#2 You can swap fuel lines from a doner car if thats the route you want to go but thats not your only option.

#3 The 99-02 clusters work on either a v8 or v6 car without any problems. They are interchangable. The only problem you might encounter would be if your ls1 used a 98 computer. Just get a 99-02 engine harness and computer and you'll be just fine. Right now I have 02 v8 cluster in my 99 v6 car and everything works. Cant imagine that the tach wouldnt work after the swap.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Specific V6 to V8 (LSX/LQX) questions.