TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Freakin swwweeet!

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/ctd/1432889852.html
Old 10-23-2009, 12:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Wow. Just, uhhh, wow...

I'll say this - the paint job is great. But I guess after that, they lost me. The engine cover (IMO) is just a little bit "over the top", but I could kind of live with that. The interior just TOTALLY doesn't go with the engine/exterior - I don't know that the interior was an afterthought, but it just looks like maybe they went over budget on the paint, so they tried to get away with as little as possible inside. Instead of plain stainless dash inserts, wouldn't it look a lot better if they'd extended the flamed paint theme to those dash inserts, & maybe even an insert on each side of the center console? The shifter's kinda long (maybe about right for a pickup), and the steering wheel looks like it was yanked from some kid's game system (I couldn't tell if the buttons actually do anything...) And I know that this is going to be really subjective as well, but that gas filler setup is just tragic...

I know, it seems like I'm nitpicking/trying to tear it apart - but there was so much potential there, & they're asking a LOT of money for what (to me) seems like a confused jumble of differing styles, all in one car...

But dang, I sure like that paint...

(EDIT: The wheels are great too...)
Old 10-23-2009, 12:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I think that would just be to many flames. To me, it has the drag race interior look...to many gauges though, they spread out to where you cant even see them.

the fact that its an aero coupe, which is rare, and that its a 420+hp ls1 is cool.

I like the paint.
engine
car

not so much the interior.

Originally Posted by V8Rumble
Wow. Just, uhhh, wow...

I'll say this - the paint job is great. But I guess after that, they lost me. The engine cover (IMO) is just a little bit "over the top", but I could kind of live with that. The interior just TOTALLY doesn't go with the engine/exterior - I don't know that the interior was an afterthought, but it just looks like maybe they went over budget on the paint, so they tried to get away with as little as possible inside. Instead of plain stainless dash inserts, wouldn't it look a lot better if they'd extended the flamed paint theme to those dash inserts, & maybe even an insert on each side of the center console? The shifter's kinda long (maybe about right for a pickup), and the steering wheel looks like it was yanked from some kid's game system (I couldn't tell if the buttons actually do anything...) And I know that this is going to be really subjective as well, but that gas filler setup is just tragic...

I know, it seems like I'm nitpicking/trying to tear it apart - but there was so much potential there, & they're asking a LOT of money for what (to me) seems like a confused jumble of differing styles, all in one car...

But dang, I sure like that paint...

(EDIT: The wheels are great too...)
Old 10-23-2009, 02:20 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

probably like less than 8,000 of those built. didn't like the flames too much maybe too many. and the gauges made no sense. but overall cool.
Old 10-23-2009, 02:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ls1ya
probably like less than 8,000 of those built. didn't like the flames too much maybe too many. and the gauges made no sense. but overall cool.
Yea, ive just never seen a aerocoupe for sale. rare.

i remember they put those out because they were more aerodynamic, I think they did it so they would have an edge in racing, so they had to make a production car too.

good choice in motor and trans though.

speaking of rare cars, I see there is a trans am notchback for sale on there too, those were also hard to find....dont know if its real, its pretty much wrecked and he wants 3500 for it.
Old 10-23-2009, 06:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice...
Old 10-23-2009, 06:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Really niceSS. Love those cars. I do agree though, the engine compartment is a bit over the top. I wouldn't have cut open the 1/4 panel for a fuel tank fill. The stock one is best IMO. It needs some sort of a hood, maybe a nice Goodmark 2" cowl. And the "wildfire" can go. I do like the flames though. That dash is hack. Try to make something using the stock location. I hate guages all the way across the car. Who the hell looks over there to read them? You'd crash.
Old 10-23-2009, 08:40 AM
TECH Regular

That shop is right down the road from me. They always have an impressive list of cars for sale.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:28 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 192 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by oct03gto
I hate guages all the way across the car. Who the hell looks over there to read them? You'd crash.
Nobody's probably looking at them anyway, I mean, I can account for maybe 6 or so, but 10 guages? What the hell are they all for?
Old 10-23-2009, 10:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ls1nova71
Nobody's probably looking at them anyway, I mean, I can account for maybe 6 or so, but 10 guages? What the hell are they all for?
2 of each, just in case. lol
Old 10-23-2009, 10:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Paint job is subjective, but I like it.

Gauges... wow. That's a terrible layout.

I have 10 gauges in my car (fuel pressure, oil pressure, water temp, oil temp, EGT, speedo, tach, fuel level, wideband O2, and boost, but at least they're put in a way that you can see them. Not to mention I'm a bit confused at 10 gauges in an N/A street car.

But hey, someone will LOVE it I'm sure.

Quick Reply: Freakin swwweeet!