Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

radio power problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 10:33 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default radio power problem

ok im having a problem thats been driving me nuts for the last year and a half everytime i hit a bump my cd player goes turns off then back on. i tried 3 different head unit still does it, i trieda new harness to the cd player still does it.. any body got any ideas ???? please let me kno this is driving me crazy!!??
Old 10-27-2009, 03:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Is the CD Player a remote unit or is it in the Head Unit ? a little bit more information might help. Brand name ?. did you check the grounds.

Assuming that you have a seperate Head Unit and CD Play in the rear somewhere...
When you hit the Bump, does the whole system lose power or just the communicate between the Head Unit and Remote CD Player. How is the remote CD Player mounted ? as manufactor suggested ? etc..

Kinda sound like the CD Play can't handle the shock from the bump.. How stiff is your suspension ?
Old 10-27-2009, 09:21 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its a head unit all in the dash but I've had 3 different head units an they all do it it currently has a kenwood in it now....and when I hit a bump the power turns off then on it sounds like a power or a ground ....I've been messin wit it and everything looks good..I guess ill have to go over it again.