Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls2 tacho help

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 01:01 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ls2 tacho help

hi guys i am having trouble getting the tacho working on a rx7 with a ls2 in it. it is the later e40 ecu (ive had no trouble before with the e38 type), i have tried the search and get no real answer, my wiring pin out says pin 48 on the blue plug but that pin is green on my plug ? and others say it needs a 12v with a resistor ?, any help would be most helpful as its done bar this !!!
Old 11-03-2009, 06:10 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tinker-27
hi guys i am having trouble getting the tacho working on a rx7 with a ls2 in it. it is the later e40 ecu (ive had no trouble before with the e38 type), i have tried the search and get no real answer, my wiring pin out says pin 48 on the blue plug but that pin is green on my plug ? and others say it needs a 12v with a resistor ?, any help would be most helpful as its done bar this !!!
what Software package are you using ... HP's Vs Efilive have different labels for the same setting for the output...

in HP's make sure it is frequency... then the 12v resistor trick is if it still wont work... place a 3kohm resistor between ign 12v and the tacho wire.. acts as a pull up..

and yes pin 48 on X1 Blu plug is output for tacho..