Sponsored by:

LS1 swap info needed

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 04:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 swap info needed

here is what i have going on, i have a californian 2000 z/28 motor & trans
(t56). i have the techrods harness, motor mount conversion for ol'skool 3 bolt mounts & vats eliminator diode. this going in a 72 k5 blazer that i am converting to a 2wd truck.
the questions i have is my new harness has all the smog eliminated off the harness.(dont need it-72 in not smog compliant) i want to eliminate the egr stuff on the exhaust manifold (easy block off plate) what about the intake? is there a plug for that one? what do i do about eliminating all the smog info on the computer? is there a program i can buy? i do have a procharger i will be installing down the road, thats why i ask about a program i can buy. if i have too, how bout a computer flash to eliminate the smog info. i think the only thing that this new harness had that was for smog/computer/efi to run right is a right & left bank 02 sensor. would i be running the ones closest to the exhauast manifold or the one further down the line?
thanks!

ive spent numerous hours researching the fuel system and such but not much info on the above questions.

Last edited by ellis1 e30; 11-03-2009 at 04:31 PM.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

many have just used freeze plug.. GM does market a plug for the intakes EGR port. #PN12558346. S&P markets a fancy plug with there logo on it..

Yes, you should be able to remove any smog equipement and wires/plug, just have to the code flashed out (EVAP, EGR, AIR, etc ) you should only need the following: two front O2 sensor (closet to the exh manifold), IAT, MAP, MAF, ECT, Knock, CAM and Crank Sensors. (i am sure i left something out, but you get the drift).

While you get the code flashed out, you can flash the VATS out to and not need the eliminator.

There are many programs to do the re-programing, EFI Live, HP Tuner...etc.. you can even do a mail order tune too get you up and started (I used Jesse at Wait4mepreformance, only costed $85 included return shipping and I am still running with the tune).
Old 11-03-2009, 05:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

man, i would like to own my own program, looks like bout $500 or more for these systems.
has anyone perfected the inline pumps yet. i have a aftermarket 40 gallon tank i would love to leave in place if possible. it has my drawtite hitch welded to the frame around the tank. so im lookin @ a inline pump til I procharger it.
ive seen this system where i cut into the filler neck for the fuel return or does the corvette filter/regulator do that for me?

Quick Reply: LS1 swap info needed