Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS6 intake on LQ4

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 07:24 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS6 intake on LQ4

i want to swap an ls6 intake on my lq4. getting a different accessory drive for the engine to allow intake to fit and hopefully fit the engine on the frame of the chevelle im putting it in. another problem i see is the lq4 harness wont fit onto the ls6 injectors. should i install the lq4 tuck injectors into an ls6 manifold? or could i get an ls6 harness to work with my lq4/ls6 intake combo?
Old 11-10-2009, 07:30 PM
Launching!

not sure on putting the truck injectors on the ls6 intake and rail but they may work. may be a diff in length. If that doesnt work i would buy the injector pig tails for the ls6 injectors and put them on your harness.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:39 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I agree, buy some some pigtails and replace the ends of the truck harness.

Your Source for LSX Conversion Parts!
www.psiconversion.com

Ebay Store
Facebook/psiconversion
Instagram/psiconversion

'Dont Let EFI Pass You By!'
Old 11-10-2009, 11:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

You can keep the truck accessories.

Read this http://www.performancetrucks.net/for...S6+intake+swap
Old 11-11-2009, 12:31 AM
Staging Lane

thanks for the replies
thats a lot of well documented/good work in that link but im going with changing the injector pigtails.
anyone know where to get ls6 injector pigtails to put on the stock harness? and would you solder the pigtails on? then would the fuel table would have to be changed cause i believe the ls6 injectors are a diff psi? sorry for all the questions.

i forgot to mention my lq4 came from a junkyard and i didnt buy the accesories with it cause i heard about clearance issues. i read that the corvette c5 accesory drives are the only ones that might clear the gm a body frame rails but they are costly. i think im going with ls1 f body accesories and buying one of the brackets i found on kwik performance. should allow me to use the a/c compressor with no fabricating.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:32 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I fot my pigtails from summit. msd 2400 is the part number i believe. Make sure to solder the terminals. I didn't and had a couple come loose.
The following users liked this post:
Homer_Simpson (11-29-2021)
Old 11-11-2009, 11:05 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

I got mine on ebay. Cost is about $70.

www.psiconversion.com

Ebay Store
Facebook/psiconversion
Instagram/psiconversion

Old 11-11-2009, 11:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,388 Likes on 877 Posts

Originally Posted by 69ChBuLQ4
thanks for the replies
thats a lot of well documented/good work in that link but im going with changing the injector pigtails.
anyone know where to get ls6 injector pigtails to put on the stock harness? and would you solder the pigtails on? then would the fuel table would have to be changed cause i believe the ls6 injectors are a diff psi? sorry for all the questions.

i forgot to mention my lq4 came from a junkyard and i didnt buy the accesories with it cause i heard about clearance issues. i read that the corvette c5 accesory drives are the only ones that might clear the gm a body frame rails but they are costly. i think im going with ls1 f body accesories and buying one of the brackets i found on kwik performance. should allow me to use the a/c compressor with no fabricating.
Truck engines and LS6 engines run at the same fuel system pressure; 58.5psi.

Andrew
Old 11-11-2009, 11:37 AM
On The Tree

I put an LS1 F-Body intake on my LQ4, got pigtails for stock LS1 injectors at junk yard and soldered everything. All went well. F-Body accessories fit fine in an A-Body and with the Kwik Performance brackets for the AC compressor all is well in my 67 Chevelle. I had to get a borgeson U-Joint from summit to replace the rag-joint on the power steering box. It was hitting my Alternator.

I have been driving my chevelle for a few weeks and didn't change the injector tables yet because I don't know how to yet. It has been running great, but I have the same question as you, do I need to change the injector tables? and How?

Rob
Old 11-11-2009, 03:42 PM
Staging Lane

Got it, and i really appreciate the advice.
Robbie did you get both of the brackets that kwik performance sells? Thought their alternator bracket would take care of the power steering clearance.
I think that you would get a computer to ecm cord and get ls1edit or some other software that allows you to change the parameters. Don't know much about this though.
I had another question about changing from throttle by wire to cable throttle. Would i be able to just delete one of the plugs for the tbw body and use the harness for a cable setup?
Old 11-11-2009, 03:51 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

You can repin the stock harness to work with a throttle by cable, just use the Throttle Body wires to run the IAC and TPS. However, make sure whatever PCM you use has the drivers for the IAC. I thought only the red/blue connector PCMs had these drivers, but according to a resent post, another member thought there were certain blue/green pcms that had those capabilities as well. Post the information if you find it, I would like to know which ones those are.

www.psiconversion.com

Ebay Store
Facebook/psiconversion
Instagram/psiconversion

Old 11-11-2009, 03:57 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 69ChBuLQ4
Got it, and i really appreciate the advice.
Robbie did you get both of the brackets that kwik performance sells? Thought their alternator bracket would take care of the power steering clearance.
I think that you would get a computer to ecm cord and get ls1edit or some other software that allows you to change the parameters. Don't know much about this though.
I had another question about changing from throttle by wire to cable throttle. Would i be able to just delete one of the plugs for the tbw body and use the harness for a cable setup?

I didn't get the alternator bracket, I had already gone the u-joint route. I own HPTuners and have changed quite a few perameters already, but don't know enough to change the injector tables.......yet.

Rob
Old 11-12-2009, 10:21 PM
Staging Lane

good luck with those tables, ill have to mess with the pcm soon enough.
just found some good info on the throttle by wire, to throttle by cable change on lt1swap.com
here is a quote from that site about what newer computers can be used:
"What makes things nice, is GM still used a Cable throttle body in the Express Vans with the 4.8/5.3/6.0L engines until 2005 and the GTO in 2004. To allow cable throttle, the PCM has to be able to control the IDLE AIR CONTROL (IAC) motor. This is simply a stepper motor. As the stepper motor turns one way or another, it opens or closes a valve, and controls air flow into the engine. Some places I have read that GM REMOVED the microprocessor INSIDE the pcm that does this job. I am unsure which PCM's, but the following PCM's should work with cable throttle: Service No: 12576106, 12582605, 12586242, 12589463. This is the # on the sticker of the PCM. Those PCM's should be 2003,2004,2005. SOME 2006 I have seen with a 12589463. I have verified these as PCM's found in express vans and GTO's with cable throttle."

Quick Reply: LS6 intake on LQ4