Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS6 Miata Build-Up

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 11:46 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS6 Miata Build-Up

Well I guess hanging out with some of you GM boys has rubbed off on me. Since I'm about 8 months shy of my degree and I've got a job I decided that I needed to build the motor. Then all of a sudden more and more people on a Miata Turbo forum I frequent were doing LS1 swaps. After doing some research and giving it some thought I think I may have to do the same thing. This is going to be ongoing as I figure things out, and have the funds to make the purchases. Feel free to lay your knowledge on me if you have the interest. Trying to keep a reasonable budget, but I'm a bit of a perfectionist, so we'll see how that goes.

Just last week picked up an LS6 long block out of an 02' Z06 (405hp). Did some inventory last night and there are a lot of little things I need to make it a complete engine. Hoping to source those locally or from GM.

Trying to decide what cam to throw in it. I'll be selling the Z06 cam/springs/pushrods to help offset the cost. At this point I'm kind of leaning toward the MS3 with the hardened pushrods, but i'm not sure about the springs.

Im also trying to find out which ecu that I need to get to run the motor. Not sure if an f-body will work or if I need a vette ecu. I also need to figure out the best way to wire it all up.

Opinions/comments welcome!

Michael

Last edited by Aurora; 11-14-2009 at 12:02 PM.